Winner's Enclosure

Upon arrival in the Winner's Enclosure, West jumped down from Mischief's back, instantly hugging the stallion. "We did it Mischief. We did it" she whispered, pressing her head to his neck gently as he wrapped a leg around her hip as a 'hug' of his own. A moment instantly caught by several photographers. Their quiet mutterings of captions not going unheard by West as she gave a smile. ~Winning team, Mischief Managed and West share a hug after their first track win~

Danny walked to his daughter and the stallion, hugging her gently. "I'm proud of you. You looked great" he smiled, patting Mischief's neck as he now drank deeply from the bucket of water that had been offered to him by AP. "It's not about how we looked though, it's about how we ran. And how Mischief ran. And I think he ran great. I'm proud of him, and he ended safely. And to me, that's all that matters. We won, yes. And I'm happy that we did! But at the end of each race, all that matters to me is that Mischief ends safely. He can throw me, and I'd still be happy so long as he ends the race safely"

"Strong words there, West" commented one of the photographers to the side of them. "Can we get one last photo of you and Mischief?" he asked, waving his camera slightly. "Sure, Mischief likes cameras" she smiled, standing to the side of Mischief as he rested his head on her shoulder. Several cameras flashed instantly. "How about a special photo for my friends and fans?" she smiled, she turned to Mischief, tapping her lips. Mischief pressed his nose to her so that she kissed his nose. A cute moment captured instantly.

Once the photographers were happy, West and Mischief moved off to receive their trophy. With West refusing to have Mischief taken from her side, they would receive the trophy together. "The team of West and Mischief Managed won their first race today. We hope to see more from this team in the future!" said the rather excited commentator as the trophy was handed to West. She chuckled as Mischief pushed his nose against the trophy, another moment captured by photographers. Earning the caption of ~Mischief Managed and West collect their trophy as one~

With the day of racing coming to a close, West cleaned Mischief's tack as he ate his evening meal. They'd be heading hime tomorrow. Taking their first ever trophy with them. As she cleaned, West gave a small yawn, leaning back against the side of the stall as she gazed up at Mischief. "You did great today. I'm proud of you" she smiled, watching as the stallion walked over to her, nuzzling her cheek. "I take it you're proud of me too" she chuckled softly, smiling as Mischief snorted softly.

"We'll head home tomorrow morning. But for now, we gotta get some sleep. You look tired now Mischief" smiled West, cuddling his neck. The stallion lowered his head, shaking his mane. This was his defiant side. But it wasn't anything severe. He was essetially a child now that just didn't want to sleep. West chuckled softly. "Come now, Mischief, don't be silly" she smiled softly, walking to her stallion. These two were inseperable. He listened to her, and she listened to him. She had one way of calming him enough for him to sleep.

Softly, she sang Elysium, a song known for being in the movie Gladiator. Which was one of West's favourite movies. Though there weren't many lyrics. They were enough to sooth the stallion. And with West's soft voice, it eased him. As she sang softly, the stallion watched her with gentle eyes. Relaxing. This song worked wonders for him. It really did.

[Authors Note: I was listening to that song at the time of writing. So why not try and incorporate it a little? I think it's sweet that West's singing sooths Mischief <3]