Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Zayn's Pov

The air out here is so thick. Its hard to see more than ten feet ahead of you. The fog weaved its way through the trees surrounding us like a big blanket. Liam and Niall were ahead of me, I couldn't see them anymore due to the fog, but they can't be far.

I looked around, I was alone. I couldn't hear Liam and Niall anymore. I just have this feeling, not like something bad was going to happen but just like something wasn't right. I felt like this after Niall and Liam ran off. It was a feeling that I could only describe as...jealousy? I don't know why I would be jealous. I just felt not right about Niall and Liam being together, alone.

"Ouch!" I whisper shouted to myself. I was too busy thinking to pay attention to where I was going. I ran right into a tree. I didn't think people actually did that, It's something I only ever saw in cartoons and movies. I rubbed my cheek, that's going to leave a mark.

"Zayn!" I heard a thick Irish voice yell out. It was coming from ahead of me, they sounded quite distant. I walked towards Niall's voice. "I'm back here!" I called out. I started walking faster until I was half jogging.

I could finally make out a figure through the thick fog, but just one. As I came closer I realized it was Niall. Where's Liam? I started to panic. Did something bad happen to him? I felt sick. Why am I so worried? I would be worried if it were any of my mates but for some reason with Liam I was more scared.

"W-where's Liam?" I asked panicked. My voice came out shaky and small. Niall started laughing and looked up. "Hey Zayn!" Liam was hanging upside down by his legs from a branch, rather high up if I might say.

His shirt was falling down and I could see his abs clearly, wow. Wait what? Why am I thinking about Liam this way?

His arms were dangling down, the only thing holding him up was his legs. A whole new worry spread through me. What if he falls. I gulped. "Liam, get down from there." Niall looked at me weird. He started laughing. "You sound like Liam." I rolled my eyes.

"It's alright Zayn, I'll be okay." He pulled himself up and now hung by his arms. He started to swing his body back and forth. What is he doing? This looks far more dangerous. With that Liam let go of the branch. No, no, no! Liam please, stop! I covered my mouth.

He flew about three feet before he caught on to another branch. I let out a long breath I didn't know I was holding. Liam smiled at me. Why is he smiling? He could seriously hurt himself. Does he think he's a fucking acrobat or something? This is not even funny.

I wanted to tell him to get down but I couldn't manage words at the moment. He pulled himself onto the branch and climbed down the tree like a normal person. Okay good, he's on the ground now. He walked up to me and attack hugged me. "Aww! Was Zayn scared for me?" He mocked me giving me a big kiss on the cheek. I could feel my whole face burning.

I turned to see Niall looking at me, his head slightly tilted. He looked at me like he just discovered some dark secret of mine, weird. "Let's go guys!" Liam said jumping up and down. What has gotten into him? Niall and I exchanged a glance before following Liam.

We had been walking for a few minutes Liam was ahead of us but we could still see his figure. "Whoa, come check this out!" Liam shouted motioning us to hurry.

He was standing on the edge of a drop off. About fifteen feet down there was a beautiful lake It wasn't huge but still, It looked pretty deep. The water was crystal clear and we could clearly see the bottom.

Liam began to take off his shirt. He has and amazing body. My eyes trailed down his chest- Stop Zayn! I shook my head. Niall was looking at me again, his brow raised. He leaned towards me. "You might want to close your mouth Zayn, Liam might catch you staring." He whispered to me. I blushed furiously. Was it that obvious? Niall nodded. Wait did I say that out loud?