Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Harry's Pov

Things between Louis and I have been... good-ish. We've been hanging out but it's different. Ever since what happened things have been awkward. 

"You're on in five." I jumped up and down in place to get ready. Last concert. Liam put a hand on my shoulder. "Ready?" I nodded. 

Liam looked at me for a second like he was debating something. "Hey, um...Is there something going on...you know...between you and Louis?" 

"No." I lied. "Okay. Just making sure." He patted my shoulder again before walking away to join the rest of the boys. 

I turned to look in the mirror checking my hair and making sure I don't have anything in my teeth or something. 

I stood at the plat form waiting. The crowd began cheering and counting down. 5...4... The platform began rising. 3...2...1... 

The crowd screamed, almost piercing my ears. We began singing 'Up All Night'. I danced around the stage doing the things I normally do. 

We went down the set list of songs now we were at the last one, 'What Makes You Beautiful'. I sang, hopping around the stage, I took a girls phone on stage. Liam and I passed it back and forth filming our selves and the arena. 

I handed it back to her, she was now crying and shouting 'thank you's and 'I love you's at me. I smiled at her and ran back around. It was nearly my solo.

I scanned the crowd but my eyes fell on something that made my heart stop. There was a man wearing a black jumper holding up a gun. How is no one seeing this? I followed the gun point to Louis. 

His finger hoovered over the trigger. Without thinking I ran towards Louis jumping in front of him before a sharp pain hit my chest.

I fell to the ground gasping for air. My vision started blurring. Everything was silent besides a loud blood curdling scream.

I tried to keep my eyes open but the pain was overwhelming. My eyes shut tightly and everything faded out.

Louis' Pov

Harry jumped in front of me before falling to the ground. I collapsed beside him. "Harry?" I shook him but he didn't respond. His eyes started to close slowly. His white shirt now stained red.

"Haz!" I cried. "Harry! No! Please! Look at me!" I shook him violently. A wave of tears took over me. Hands wrapped around me pulling me back away from Harry. 

"NO!" I jerked my arms free clinging to Harry's lifeless body. "HARRY!" I yelled, holding him into my chest. 

I shut my eyes tightly gripping to Harry. I felt him being pried from my arms. "NO!" I screamed thrashing my arms.

I watched helplessly as he was being put on a stretcher and ushered away from me. 

Zayn grabbed me pulling me into his chest trying to calm me down but even he was crying. "Shh. It will be okay." He hushed me, rubbing my back. 

It wasn't okay. I looked at the puddle of blood on the stage where Harry had lied lifeless. I looked at my blood covered hands feeling nauseous. I pulled away from Zayn and ran off the stage. 

I looked around frantically. I grabbed the bin and emptied the contents of my stomach into it. I shook uncontrollably. My shirt was covered in Harry's blood. I ripped the shirt of frantically and scanned the room for a sink. 

Spotting one I ran to it and began scrubbing myself. "Louis." A voice called behind me causing me to jump. I turned around to see Liam. He was crying too. 

He ran to me and hugged me tightly. "Let's go." He walked me out of the stadium to his car. He wiped his eyes and started the car.

We drove in silence the whole way. When we arrived at the hospital I didn't wait for Liam to park the car. I ran into the building frantically. 

I ran to the front desk breathlessly. "Harry Styles. I need to see Harry Styles!" I shouted at the woman who looked alarmed and annoyed at the same time. 

"I'm sorry sir. He isn't ready for visitors yet. Please have a seat." She motion to the seats in the waiting room. I sat down and nervously tapped my foot.

Soon Liam, Niall and Zayn joined me. Unlike me they had been able to control their tears by now.

A doctor walked in and looked around. "Mr. Payne?" The doctor asked. Liam stood up quickly. Niall, Zayn and I did the same. "Are you here for Mr.Styles?" He asked looking at us. We all nodded quietly. 

He had a grim expression and gave us a sympathetic look. "I'm afraid I have some bad news."

Sorry, sorry, sorry, don't murder me! I know bad cliff hanger/ short chapter.

Courtney xx