Chapter 23

First of I would like to apologize for that last chapter, that was just bad. I was really out of it and I felt like I needed to updates so... that happened.

Recap

A doctor walked in and looked around. "Mr. Payne?" The doctor asked. Liam stood up quickly. Niall, Zayn and I did the same. "Are you here for Mr. Styles?" He asked looking at us. We all nodded quietly. 

He had a grim expression and gave us a sympathetic look. "I'm afraid I have some bad news."

End of Recap

Chapter 23

Louis Pov 

My whole body froze. I didn't know how to react. Harry can't be...dead? No, he couldn't. He's going to walk through those doors any minute now with that signature cheeky grin he always wears.

"Can we see him?" Liam finally asked. His face showed no sign of emotion. The doctor sighed and scanned the room. He slowly nodded. "Room 516."

Hesitantly I walked through the halls, Liam, Zayn and Niall following close behind me. I followed the signs leading me to Harry.

I stopped at the next set of doors the sign above them reading 'Intensive Care.' I closed my eyes tight and gulped dryly.

I felt sick. Intensive Care. Harry was in intensive care that's not good. My hands were trembling.
I weakly put my hand on the door using all of my strength to push it open.

I stepped into the long bright hall. I stumbled down the hall frantically looking at the room numbers.

510...513...514...515... My eyes fell on the next door. 516. Harry's in there.

He lay on the bed limp and lifeless. The steady beep of the heart monitor and the swoosh of the ventilator, the only sounds in the room.

I ran to Harry's side. He was unnaturally pale. "Harry." I breathed feeling a new wave of tears take over me. "Haz."

I griped his hand as if my life depended on it. His fingers didn't curl around mine. His hands didn't hold the warmth and life they should.

I took in his face. He looked peaceful yet pained at the same time. I tore my eyes away from him, finally looking at the doctor who stood silently by the door.

"I-Is he going to be okay?" I asked quietly. He looked down. "When the bullet entered his chest it punctured his heart. He lost a lot of blood. It's unlikely that he'll survive the night."

I gripped Harry's hand harder if possible, bringing it to my lips to place a soft kiss to his knuckles. I leaded over his bed placing my face into his still stomach letting out a sob.

Zayn patted my back. I'm glad they're here with me but I want to be alone with Harry. Even If he's not awake. Even If I'll never get to see those beautiful green eyes again.

...

It's now midnight. None of us have talked. Liam stayed emotionless for the most part a few tears escaped him but that's about it.

Zayn held on to him. I know that they didn't want to come out about their feelings for each other right now but it was still obvious to everyone.

Besides me Niall probably cried the most. He has such a big heart and seeing Harry like this is painful.

A quiet knock on the door broke me from my thoughts I looked up as one of the nurses peeked her head in. "I'm sorry but It's getting late and I'm afraid you can't all stay." She frowned.