Chapter 6

This is mostly in Derek's P.O.V so she still doesn't know how to speak yet.

Recap
I hear, "I'll try to teach you more tomorrow." before I let the darkness take over and fall into a peaceful sleep for once.
****
Derek's P.O.V

I woke up and turned to my left to see that it's 5:10 a.m.. I turn back around to cuddle my mate and sigh in contentment.

I don't want to move. I wish I could just lay here with her forever.

The beeping of my 5:15 alarm goes off and I quickly turn it off before it wakes Delilah.

"Hmm."

Too late.

Her eyelids droop as she tries to open them, but I gently kiss her cheek and lull her to sleep. "Shh, go back to sleep my love."

Once I'm sure she's back into a deep sleep I groan as I drag myself out of bed. I decide to choose a navy blue dress shirt to roll the cuffs to my elbows, and simple blue jeans.

A hot meal lays on my desk

I've never been to fond about this part of the day, but who would really want to work in an office alone for hours on end. I walk down the long hallway, turn into my office as I see a hot meal waiting for me, and slump down into my black leather chair with a sigh. Without a second thought, I take my phone out of my pocket and dial the pack clinic's number.

"Hello?" A soft feminine voice answers.

"Hi, this is Alpha Derek. I wanted to know if Damien De Leon is still in the clinic. If he is, I'd like to speak to him."

"Oh, Alpha he just checked out."

"That's fine. Thank you for your time." I respond ending the call. Just as I'm about to call Damien's number a knock is heard on my door. "Come in."

Just my luck, in walks Damien.

"Alpha I just came to inform you that the rogue problem has been delt with and we are now in a food surplus. Turns out they have been the ones taking all of our kills." He says all this with his back straight, hands behind his back, but head slightly down. Not daring to meet my angry gaze.

He's smart not to look me in the eye this time.

Although his head is hanging low, I can see a faint bruise still slowly healing, along with a black eye. I guess I didn't realize how much damage I'd done.

"Thank you for the information Damien." I say leaning back in my chair, with my ankle resting on my knee. "Actually, I just wanted to speak with you." My hand starts tapping on the arm rest and my other arm has it's elbow resting on it while my chin rests on my knuckles.

He gulps, "Oh?"

"Yes, it's about my mate." I drawl.

"M-mate?" He stutters, probably sensing my anger and authority filling the room.

"Yes. Mate." I glare. He may not see it, but I know he can sense it.

"I-" He clears his throat. "I didn't know you had one, sir."

"Neither did I. I found her in the woods yesterday when you sent me to go after that pup. She got frightened and ran off." I start off calmly. "So, imagine how I felt when my next encounter with her is when my packs Beta comes to me holding her like a piece of trash, with her body unresponsive, looking lifeless, and me smelling her freshly opened wound!" My voice raises. The hand under my chin clenches in a fist, while the other holds onto the armrest in a death grip. My eyes shut tightly close while I try to control my rapid breathing.