Chapter 16

Recap
You hear the sound of both men's groans of disgust as they smell themselves after getting sprayed.

"Aw no. It got in my mouth." Travis groans.
*****

When I came back to the packhouse, numerous people gave me looks of relief and some even gave me tight, welcoming hugs. Some just gave me blank stares and went into the other room, but overall everyone reminded me of...a family who found their lost child.

Well, that was all until Derek eventually wanted me to himself, but he had no problem in excusing the people surrounding me necause he didn't need to. The moment he came through the door, it seemed as if the living room became completely vacant.

Now I'm in our room waiting for my mate to scrub off the stench with tomato juice. I don't see how the juices of tomatoes would help a situation such as this, but I didn't question it.

I hear an exasperated sigh and the light of the bathroom shines in the now dimly lit room. Derek walks out with a towel around his waist and one on his fluffy hair wrapped in a funny matter. Once he reaches to where I'm sitting at the edge of the bed, he leans down to kiss me.

My nose crinkles. "You taste like tomatoes."

He chuckles, "Well I did take a bath in one."

"It's yucky." I say and stick my tongue out.

"Or..." He presses.

"Or...disgusting." I finish.

"Good job." He praises and kisses my forehead this time. Derek and Jenn have been trying to help me widen my vocabulary. It's actually working.

My mate goes to one of the drawers and opens it with the twisted towel still on his head making me giggle. "Why do you wear it on your head like that?" I ask.

In his fit of looking through clothes he turns to smirk at me and says. "I can't put a blowdryer through this hair. How else do you this I keep it looking this luscious." He says dramatically and yanks off the towel to comb his finger through his hair.

I laugh histarically, but stop immediately when I see his lower towel fall to the floor. Derek cheeks turn red and he scrambles to pull on one of the boxers from his drawer.

Is...Is he blushing?

"Wow, you're bigger than most creatures I've seen in the wild." I observe. "Why are you blushing?" I ask innocently.

"Uh-Duh-Puh-Psh-Blah- Okay, uhm Delilah, these parts of our bodies are something we keep private. That's why we wear clothes." He explains with his cheeks tinted pink.

"But you told me we wear clothes in this form to keep from getting cold and sick." I state quite confused.

"Yes that is true, but we also wear it so others don't see them." He explains.

"Okay." I say slowly.

He quickly changes the subject. "Let's just, cuddle."

I perk up at the word cuddle. "Okay!"

My mate walks over to our bed and lays down, pulling me with him. He hums, "I missed this."

"I missed you." I whisper.

Derek moves our position and hovers over me. "Don't you ever run away like that again." He says with his voice not sounding like his own. It sounds gravelly and rough. "The only time I want  you running is if it's towards me, okay my little mate?"

His wolf?

My mate buries his face into my neck, takes a long whiff, and groans. "You smell so good. I need to mark you." He begins trailing kisses down my neck, leaving a trail of tingles. "Please." He begs breathlessly.

"W-Will it hurt?" I stammer.

"Only for little while. I can't risk losing you again. Not again." He mumbles as if in far away thought, but continues to sniff near my neck.

"Okay." I say confident of my decision.

Just as those words leave my mouth he kisses down my neck continuously, nibbles and sucks. Then I feel a sharp pain go through me making tears gather at the edges of my eyes, but as fast as the pain comes, it leaves. Pure pleasure consumes me, and I unintentionally release a moan. Derek's teeth leave my neck and he kisses the mark with a groan.

My eyes drift close, "I love you Derek."

I don't get to see how he reacts to my words because I drift into a deep sleep before he gets the chance.