Chapter 13

Get ready my werewolf and fox lovers, this chapter's about to get a bit bumpy.

Recap
I feel my cheeks warm up and look down. As I do, I see his hand open for me and I think for a second before realizing he wants me to hold it.
*****

Derek is taking me to what they call a garage that holds cars. Once the word car came out of his mouth, I began to get a bit nervous, but I don't want to ruin this date. His hand is leading me there the whole time.

I can do this.

I can do this.

I was unaware when we even got to the car because the whole way I've been lost in my thoughts.

"Delilah, are you okay?" I faintly hear.

I nonchalantly nod my head.

It'll be alright Delilah. Raine encourages soothingly.

No matter what she says, I can't help but think back to that day.

(Flashback)

"Come on sweetie. Lets go celebrate you deserve it." My mom smiles lovingly down at me with her warm brown eyes being framed by her red/orange colored hair.

"Okay, but where's Angel?" I ask a little worried about my little brother.

"Don't worry, him and your father are already in the car waiting." She assures me.

I skip to the car in my soccer uniform, with the number 1 on it. I've never been number 1 on the team, they usually say I bring them down and get in the way because I'm too clumsy and weak. But tonight I showed them! I scored the winning goal, along with 3 other goals.(This is american soccer for people who have soccer as a different meaning.)

I sit in the car and strap my seatbelt on. "Angel, do you have on your seatbelt?" I ask.

"Yes, w-what are you, my m-m-mom?" He asks. My little brother has a slight stutter in his speech, but it's been getting better little by little over the years.

"No, but if you give me more of that attitude I'll tell mom." I sass back.

"T-Tattlet-tit!"

My mom and dad gasp. "Angel where did you learn that word from?" My dad asks sternly.

"A girl named M-Michelle in my class s-said it. She heard it from her older s-sister. He answers innocently.

"Well we don't want to ever hear you repeat that word again. Got it?" My mom states.

"G-Got it." My brother says quickly.

My mother's always been the one to put us in place when we get out of line. Dad usually works more than she does, so he's not there much to do it.

My dad had hazel eyes that my brother inherited, and the same hair color as my mom. They say they're mates and explained a lot to me about foxshifters and that I'm one, but not old enough to shift yet. I'm not really sure if I want a mate. I don't understand much about them, but it seems really nice if I have the same relationship with them as my parents have with each other. Mom says I'll understand when I'm older. I hate it when they always say that.