Chapter 7

Recap
"Calm down, it looks like you're thinking to much. I wish you could talk to me." His eyebrows furrow in what seems to be thought. "Delilah, I'm going to teach you how to speak. I just think you have to use your voice to get use to it. I mean you already know English."
****

"Hmph." I huff out air as I lay on this comfortable bed that has my mate's comforting scent surrounding it. A sheen of sweat covers my forehead as I pant, trying to breath properly.

"Com'on Delilah, it wasn't that bad." Derek chuckles.

I raise what he taught me is called a pinkie, in his direction. "So..." Pant, "Much..." Pant "Knowledge." Pant.

What I was expecting was a glare, hurtful look, or snarky remark at the action. What I didn't expect was for him to go into a fit of laughter so hard he had to hold his stomach as he rolled next to me on the bed.

I was in between the good feeling my stomach has when he smiles, and being utterly irritated that he's obviously laughing at me.

I've never heard him laugh before, it's usually small smiles, smirks, or chuckles. I like that I made him laugh like that.

"What's so funny?" I huff out in a scratchy, small voice. My voice still feels a little soar, but the more I use it, the less painful it becomes.

My mate sits at the edge of the bed with a sigh to catch his breath before reaching out to hold my hand. His long, rough fingers begin adjusting my own by lifting my middle finger instead of my pinkie. "It's the middle finger that's suppose to give the offensive, inappropriate gesture, my little vixen. Not the pinkie." A small smile is still present on his face as he corrects me.

"Oh." Is all I say as I glare at him, because I'm too angered and embarrassed to say anything else. My head turns away from him as I try to hide my red face.

"Awe, Delilah don't hide your face from me." I actually hear a smile in his voice unlike the other times when his voice is always in a calm state.

I don't respond or move.

I hear a huff, "Okay then, but lets continue our lesson. Your excelling greatly."

"No." I somewhat whisper.

"What?"

"I said, no. I'm tired and hungry." Isn't he a werewolf? I know he heard me. I slightly turn my head to see his reaction.

He seems reluctant, but says, "Okay, yeah lets go eat. Besides, it's about time I introduce you to at least some of the pack members."

My eyes widen on their own accord. "Pack?" My scratchy voice whispers.

"Yeah, pack. Didn't I tell you about that?" He asks.

I gulp, "No." I thought it was just us. I thought he just called that nurse from a hospital, not that she actually lived here. It's alway's just been me, myself, and I.

Pretty nice trio right?

I've barely gotten use to Derek, and that's probably just because he's my mate! A-A whole house full of people...how am I going to deal with that?

I feel a hand on my cheek and look up to see Derek crouched in front of me.

When did he get there?

"Delilah, it looks like you're over thinking things again." He says with his eyebrows furrowed in worry, yet his voice calm once again. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head in response, "Nothing...I'm just not hungry anymore."

"Oh, I see the problem...Delilah I promise you they're really kind people. I wouldn't have you in their presence otherwise." He reasons.