Chapter 15

Recap
"Don't worry, before I got jumped I met a guy who just might know where you were talking about. I'll get you there in no time." My new friend assures.
*****

Derek's P.O.V
"Are you sure? 5,1, orangish reddish hair that reaches just past her shoulders, brown eyes. Not that well with English." I try to clarrify. "No." I sigh and cover my mouth after running my hand down my face to try and cover my growls. "Thank you Alpha King. Ethan, yeah, bye." I slam the phone down with a ground shaking growl.

That was the last pack. It's nearly been a 5 days since she went missing and nothing. I swipe all of my files and other papers off of my desk in a in frustration.

Where are you Delilah?

I throw my stapler to the wall in frustration that's quickly turning towards anger. "I said to myself I'd protect you."

I throw my scissors at the wall. "I said to myself I'd keep you safe!"

I throw my cup full of pencils at the wall having the lead precisely get stuck into the wall. "I said to myself I'd never let you go!"

I slam my fist onto the table leaving an indentation. "And now you're gone." I say in a broken whisper.

Tears sting my eyes for the first time I can remember and I bend over with my head in my hands. I should have ran faster to catch you. I should've, I should've... I should've marked you when I first laid eyes on you. I sniffle.

Just as that thought crosses my mind The door to my office swings open and there stands Jacob and Damien.

I glare at them with my eyes full of rage. They know not to enter unless given permission to do so, and I'm pretty sure my eyes are bloodshot and black, therefore giving off a more intimidating vibe.

Jacob's the first to speak, "Sir, we found our Luna."

Without needing to say so much as another word, I stand in front of him ready to get back my little vixen. "Where?"

"She's waiting for you at the border with a human who most likely knows nothing of our kind." Damien finishes.

From the moment he said border I began stalking towards the woods and sprinting the rest of the way.

I'm coming my little vixen. And this time I'm never going to let you go again.

Delilah's P.O.V
Travis found a man who he said he trusts with his life and was just going to send me on my way to the woods alone with him. He was skeptical about why I wanted to go to the woods, but he let it go once I assured him I knew it like the back of my hand. I was fine going alone with the man until I saw a silver truck he said I would be going in.

At that point I begged Travis to go with me. The moment he saw tears gathering in my eyes he agreed and we sat in the trunk with me clutching onto him the whole time. Travis is actually a softy I've come to notice.

On the way I was thinking he could probably have a better life if he came along with me and actually... maybe stay at the packhouse. I know he's human, but they'd be able to at least get him a house he could stay in. Derek told me that's what they do. They provide for each other, like family.

I don't even know much about Travis's family, he gets uncomfortable when I bring up the topic. When I brought up the topic about the men that tried to kill him he said when he was younger he got involved with a bad group of people and up to this day owes them money.

In the woods I thought I had nothing to lose so I told him everything and even had to show him when he didn't believe me. Which I guess is understandable.