Chapter 12

XD Lol, I think everyone forgot who Blake was in the beginning of the story, so just to clear that up it's nothing suspicious, it's just Derek's wolf. And Raine is Delilah's fox.

Recap
"Of course!" I smile. "It sounds fun."

A relieved smile spreads across his face and he holds my waist from behind as he kisses my cheek. "Great. We'll go as soon as you're healed."
****
Derek's P.O.V
It's been about a week and Delilah's completely healed. Right now I'm in our bedroom getting dressed to handle some business with Jacob and his newfound mate. I'm wearing blue jeans, and I'm rolling up the cuffs on my light, pale blue dress shirt.

It's been harder to hold myself back from marking Delilah more and more lately. I feel as if the longer I wait the harder the urge is.

Please, mark her. My wolf Blake groans.

No, I don't want to overwhelm her. I want her to be settled in and as comfortable as possible before I do that. I reply sternly.

I understand that, but I can only control myself for so long. He pants as if he's just ran a marathon.

Are you alright? I ask somewhat worried. It's not normal for him to be out of breath for no given reason.

No you idiot! I just told you I could only hold off marking her for so long!...It's physically taking a toll on me. If you shift, I won't have much energy. Blake explains.

I'll see what I can- I get cut off by my beautiful mate's scent filling our bedroom.

"Hi Derek...can I ask you a question?" She asks timidly, which shocks me. Knowing my mate, I can say for a fact timid is not a word to describe her.

Concern instantly covers my features. "Anything, baby." I say in a monotonous voice. Sometimes I don't mean to, it's just comes naturally for me to have no emotion in my voice. Lately, I've been trying not to do it for Delilah's sake, but it still happens now and then.

She slowly closes the door behind her and fidgets with her fingers. My beautiful mate's mouth open and closes a few times, but no wkrds come out. "Do you still want to go on a date with me?" She blurts out as if it was one of the most hardest things she's done.

I begin to stride towards her until I'm able to wrap my arms around her waist. "Of course I do."

"But, my scratch healed 5 days ago and you said we could go when it was healed. I just- I thought you changed your mind." She murmurs out a quick apology and tries to break from my grip to run off again.

"I don't think so." I say tightening my hold on her. "Delilah, the only reason I haven't been able to spend as much time with my little vixen," I say kissing her nose. "as I want to is because I've been busy with pack business."

"Oh." She mumbles, and I can't help but think it's a little cute that she's showing how she feels rather than locking it up and dealing with it on her own like before. Before, she'd never come up to me and show signs of being nervous, she'd cover it up with acting tough.

I give her a small smile when she looks up at me. "I'll tell you what, I'll take you and I on our date at 6:00 this evening. I can just finish the extra paperwork tomorrow." I shrug off.

"Really?" She asks with a small smile.

"Yeah, anything for my little vixen." I say cheekily.

Her smile widens and she gives me a big quick kiss on my lips. "Thanks! See you at six!" And with that said she's back to her old self, rushing out the door.

Not to long later, I hear the voices of Jennifer and her down the hall.

'What time?'

'Six. We've gotta go raid my sister's closet to find something for you girl! Because I know for a fact I have no dresses in that black hole I call a closet.

'But Jenn, it's only 12:00 a.m., we have ti-'

'No chit chat, lets go miss Luna!'

I chuckles and shake my head before checking at how I look once more in the mirror and leaving to meet a new pack member.

Delilah's P.O.V
"What movie is this? And why do they always sing?" I ask. Everytime something happens people jump on tables and start singing all the time. I'm confused...

"High school Musical." Jenn says and puts another chip in her mouth.

"Oh. Hey Jenn?"

"Yes Delilah."

"What time is it?"

"Only 5:59."

"Oh okay." I don't know much about time but if she's not worried about it it's probably not close to the time for me to leave.

Panic crosses her features, "It's 5:59! I lost track of time, we have to get you ready!"

"Uh ok." Is all I muster while being dragged across the room to get dressed.
****

I'm in Jenn's room looking at myself in her full body mirror.

I gasp. I don't even really look like, me. At least not with my hair like this.

Jenn straightened my naturally curly, fizzy hair (I'm sorry I forgot to mention that when describing her.) She also added what she calls concealer under the dark circles I have under my eyes, and freckles. She also put this black goop called mascara on my eyelashes. (In my head, she doesn't look as "perfect" as in the picture because for me everyone has some flaws, but that's just being human :) I didn't like the smell of it much, and I don't see why people in the modern day world use it, but I do admit I think it makes me look pretty.

"You look adorable Delilah." Jenn squeals.

"Thank you." I mumble, giving her a small smile.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to introduce you to all of the makeup. I was even planning on having you experiment with it and apply some on me, but I just lost track of time." She sighs sounding somewhat disappointed.

"It's okay." I smile. "Now I know what we could do next time we're together."

"You're too nice." She huffs and crosses her arms.

My smile falters, "I am?" I didn't know that was bad, maybe I shouldn't be?

"No, Delilah it's just something you say. You're perfect the way you are." She explains.

Knock.

Knock.

"Oh, that must be him." She mutters. "Now go have fun, then tell me all about it when you get back." She smirks and smacks my behind when I try walking towards the door.

Just as I open it, as expected, I see my mate on the other side. Derek opens his mouth to say something, but cuts himself off when he sees me in a silk white dress that flows right above my knees. They rake up to the long sleeved material covering my arms, and to my eyes. "You're beautiful, as always." Is his breathless response.

I feel my cheeks warm up and look down. As I do, I see his hand open for me and I think for a second before realizing he wants me to hold it.
*****

Sry it took so long, I was going to make it longer, but I'll just put it in the next chapter. :)