Chapter 11

Recap
"Explain, I'll listen." I shrug, nonchalantly.

Relief takes over his features, "Okay what happened was..."
*****
"Ah!" Derek shouts. His hand flies up to his nose, and it takes me a second to realize what I just did.

You just punched our mate!

I sit there in shock before quickly going to his aid.

"Baby, I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

He cuts me off with a smirk as his hand is still covering his nose. "Baby?"

My cheeks burn up, but I brush it off. "Derek seriously, are you alright? I didn't mean to do that. I-I-"

Derek puts his other hand on my arm to calm me down a bit, as it usually does. "I'm fine. I know you didn't mean it. But you have one hell of a punch. Makes me worry just a bit less about your safety." He jokes.

Immense guilt takes over me when he removes his hand from his nose. A purple bruise begins to form. "I'm sorry-I- you can hit me back if you want." I mumble looking down at the bedsheets.

I feel his chest rumble, and not in a good way. "Delilah I'd never hit you. It's okay, don't worry about it. It was one punch, and it will heal. Besides, I've been through worse."

I slowly nod my head, but can't bare to look up at him because I was ashamed at what I just did.

Who hits their mate? What kind of monster am I?!

Tears well up in my eyes, full of anger towards myself.

I feel tingles on my red blotched cheek. "Delilah, look at me." A stern, emotionless voice says.

I stubbornly shake my head. "J-Just tell me what happened between you and t-that girl." I say going back to the matter at hand.

The glare I feel at the side of my head is hard to miss, but he slowly lets it go with a low growl. "That girl you saw me with, Victoria, was one of my old hookups. I swear to you nothing happened. I came in the room saw someone in the bedsheets and assuming it was you, began to take off my business clothes. By the time I took off my shirt I realized it was her, and I guess she got the wrong message and began to strip. She forced herself on me and when I tried shoving her off me she'd also get the wrong message and thought 'I liked it rough'.

"But I told you I'd be at Jenn's." I say slowly.

His cheeks tint a bit pink, "I thought you stayed with me after I uh kinda jokingly implied for you to stay..." Derek cutely stumbles over his words.

How can I hit him, he's so cute? I think even more ashamed of my actions. How can I do that?! I'm just like them. I hit someone...

"Delilah," He sighs and is finally able to get me to look at him.

"I'm just like them. I hit you." Just looking at him is always able to get me to say what I'm thinking without even realizing it.

"You're nothing like those bullies. Don't ever let me hear you compare yourself to them, got it?"

"Got it." I whisper. As you can see, I'm still dealing with my past a little bit, but now I have people such as Jenn and Derek to help me through it. I've gotten a lot better with their help rather than dealing with it on my own.

"Now come here." My mate says opening up his arms to pull me in them. "I haven't been able to hold you in three whole days." He says with a content sigh and kisses the top of my head.

I giggle, "I didn't think you'd miss me that much."

"What?" He says dramatically. "You're the air I breath in my lungs! You're the star to my sun! Or something like that."