6 | Escaping The Death Star

Aubrianna followed alongside her father as they made their way down the hallways of the Death Star.

"Luke and Aubrianna, take Chewie to the Officer as a distractment." Almeta told them.
She nodded.

Aubrianna wrapped her arm around Chewie's as Luke took the other, walking down the hall.

-

As they passed several Storm Troopers, Aubrianna's heart began to race. Luke must have felt it, because he quickened his pace.
"Why is the Wookiee out?" The Chief asked us.

Aubrianna swallowed. "We are re-stationing him, Sir."

He stared at her, and sighed. "Very well, then."

They hurried down the hallway after passing him, only to see two Troopers guarding the main exit.

"I think it's time for your Jedi mind tricks, little sister." Luke said to Aubrianna. 
"I couldn't agree more." She said, lifting her hand.

"You will open the doors, and let us through." Aubrianna said, waiting for the demands to sync into their minds.

"We will open the doors, and let you through."

As the doors opened, Aubrianna could see Leia, Han and her parents walking towards the ship.

She took off her helmet as they walked towards them, only to duck in time as a blast fired near them.

"Go!" Luke yelled.

She ran towards the ship and Anakin pushed her on board as him and Almeta grabbed their lightsabers. She quickly took off the Troopers gear, and picked up her own lightsaber.

Helping them take the Troopers out, she quickly took the two that tried to board the ship. Luke circled the ship as he killed several, their parents doing the same.

"Come on!" Leia yelled. Chewbacca roared as he boarded the ship with Han.
"Don't think I won't forget this, Smuggler." Leia snapped at the man.
"I was hoping you wouldn't, Sweetheart." He replied.

-

Anakin looked at Almeta as the dark, familiar presence appeared.

"She knows we're here."

Anakin looked at the Pilot. "Take them back to Coruscant."

Luke's eyes widened. "No!"
Anakin looked at him. "Luke, we have to take care of something."

"And what would that be?"

He froze at the familiar voice, his eyes focused on Luke; who was looking behind him, frozen.

Anakin finally turned around, only to see the woman he had used to love all of those years ago.

Her dark hair was pulled back as she wore a long, black cloak and clothes.

"How nice of you to visit." She said, glancing at Almeta and Anakin.
"Dad?" Aubrianna whispered.
"Get back on the ship, Aubrianna." Almeta demanded.
"You haven't changed, Almeta." Padmé said as she stepped closer.
"The same, demanding woman who stole my husband from me."

"I never stole your husband, Padmé. You told him you were dead." She snapped.

"Padmé?" Luke asked, stepping off of the ship.
Padmé's yellow eyes met Luke's, standing still.

Leia looked over Luke's shoulder, studying her.

"You seemed so familiar." Leia said through gritted teeth. "And now I know why."
"Good for you, Leia." Padmé smiled. "Your excellent, with the Force."

Anakin moved his hand over his lightsaber as she looked at Aubrianna.

"And the little miracle child." She hummed. "All grown up."

Aubrianna didn't say anything as she stood there, staring at Padmé.

"Now, I suggest you leave, before you make me angry." Padmé said as she adjusted her cloak. "And you don't want to see me angry."

"You won't get away with this." Anakin told her. "You left them at the age of seven, letting them believe that their mother was dead."

She said nothing.

"But I guess that's alright, because Almeta is a better mother to them then you ever have, or will be." He snapped.

"Leave." She said through gritted teeth. "Or I will promise you that you will regret disobeying me."

Anakin turned to Luke and Leia, their eyes still on the Sith that stood before them. He grabbed their arms, pushing them towards the ramp.

Anakin looked back at her once, their eyes connecting.

She wasn't Padmé Amidala.

She was Darth Kinder.

As the ship took off, Luke finally looked up at his father as he sat down beside Aubrianna.

"You knew, didn't you?" He asked him.

"Luke,"
"Did you?" He asked, Leia frowning.

Anakin closed his eyes as he exhaled through his nostrils. "Yes."

He didn't say anything.

"I didn't tell you two, because I didn't want you to worry at such a young age. I didn't want you to get the hopes that we could save her, she isn't worth saving." Anakin said, Almeta's hand resting on his knee.

"Father is right," Leia said to her twin. "Almeta is our mother."

Almeta leaned forward and kissed Leia's forehead. "I try my best."
Luke looked at Anakin. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me, Luke. I wanted to protect the both of you. And you." He said as he wrapped his arm around Aubrianna. "Because we are a family."

"What does this mean, then?" Aubrianna asked, her identical blue eyes meeting Anakin's.

"This means that there's a war coming, and we have to be ready."