18 | Mother VS Mother

Almeta stood and stared at the Sith that once was a mother. Aubrianna and Anakin stood feet away, holding each other.

Anakin turned to her and grabbed her face. "Go, find your siblings."
She shook her head. "No! I won't leave you."
"Aubriana, go." He demanded, stroking her cheek. She hesitated for a moment until she ran off.

As Kinder drew her bright red lightsaber, hers and Almeta's clashed together. Anakin jumped to the top ledge, focusing on the moving objects that he was throwing towards the Sith; cautious not to hit his wife.

Almeta pushed her back strongly as they fought. Flipping over her, Kinder ducked as she swung towards her head. A large metal box jammed into Kinder from Anakin's Force concentration, and she hissed.

Almeta's heart raced as the sickly yellow eyes burned into her own.

                                       ***

Aubrianna ran through the hallways of the death star as she searched for Luke and Leia. Once she spotted them near an escape pod level, she stopped and panted for air.

"Where are they?" Luke asked in shock.
Aubrianna swallowed as she spoke. "It's your mother. She's fighting them."

Leia's eyes widened as Luke's did. He grabbed Aubrianna's arm and pulled her towards Leia. "Stay with Leia."
"No!" Aubrianna shouted. "I have to help them!"
"You'll get hurt!" Luke shouted.

Aubrianna stared at her brother with burning eyes from tears. "This is my fault, Luke. I'm the reason this all is happening. I could have kept you all safe, and I failed."
Luke stared at her.

"I have to do this." She said in a whisper.

Sweat increased on Almeta's skin as they moved across the electronic room in a quick. Her muscles began to stiffen as she fought for so long, and Darth Kinder was surprisingly stronger.

Anakin jumped down from the platform, helping his wife as his lightsaber clashed with hers. Kinder chuckled in amusement.

"Your wife is weak."
"You'll find that a she's full of surprises."

Blocking her hit, Almeta continued to defend Anakin. Anakin's lightsaber deactivated instantly once she Force choked him, throwing him towards the wall.

Almeta gasped as she hit her lightsaber, and Force pushed her. Flying into the wall, she fell to the floor unconscious.

"Now, Almeta Skywalker." She said, walking towards her. "You will die."

Once she raised her saber, it was blocked by a bright blue blade. Eyes widening in shock, Darth Kinder looked down at Aubrianna Skywalker, who held on strongly as she smirked.

"The Force is strong in my family." She said. "Remember that."

Pushing her back, she finally gasped. Her lightsaber rolled across the ground, and over the edge.

"A great Sith always keeps a spare."

Aubrianna ran towards her as she activated another lightsaber, both colliding. She flipped over her as she swung towards her, missing.

Anakin lifted his head to see the action, and he froze once he realized that it was Aubrianna.

Luke and Leia ran in, looking over the high platform. Leia ran instantly to Almeta, who still lay unconscious.

"Father, she'll get killed." Luke said as he leaned down to his father.

As Anakin tried to stand, it caught Aubrianna's attention, and she looked away right as Darth Kinder's lightsaber swung right into her flesh.

Aubrianna screamed.

Pressing her handless arm to her chest, she fell back. Tears fell down her face as pain increased, and Kinder stepped forward.

"You are foolish, just like your father!" She yelled.

"Mother."
Kinder's eyes widened as she froze. Never had Luke called her that since she was Padmé Amidala.

Luke stepped forward, harmless.

"Don't do this." He said. "If you truly became one of them to save Leia and I, you won't hurt her."
She didn't say anything as Leia stared in shock.

"If you love me as you used to, you will not hurt my sister."

In utter shock to all of the Skywalker's, Kinder's eyes filled with tears. Luke felt his own eyes begin to burn as Padmé placed her hand to Luke's cheek.

"I do love you." She choked, deactivating her lightsaber. As she dropped it to the floor, Anakin and Aubrianna exchanged looks.

"Padmé Amidala, is my mother." He said. "Not Darth Kinder."

And with that, Aubrianna extended her hand out, and the lightsaber hilt smacked into her palm. Quickly, she leaped forward, spearing the Sith's lightsaber through the back, and through the chest.

Luke's distraction worked as Padmé fell to her knees, her shaking and weak hands gripping Luke's arms. She looked up into his eyes one last time, before she fell to the floor completely; lifeless.

Aubrianna dropped the lightsaber, and looked at her father. He stood to his feet, and embraced her tightly.

"Father, she's not waking." Leia called. The three ran to her, placing a hand to Almeta's
cheek.

Anakin lifted her into his arms, and Luke draped his over Aubrianna's shoulders. Leia locked her arm with hers as they hurried back to the ship.

Wow. :( Did you guys enjoy this chapter??

I have a new Damon Salvatore fanfiction if you guys want to check it out, I'd appreciate it!

PS. One chapter left! :(

   - AdmiringReigns