4. Sell Your Soul

4. Sell Your Soul

The person to the seat next to me wouldn't stop staring. Frankly, it was annoying as hell. If I had to deal with him for the rest of the flight, I think I'll just eat him and make him look like he's sleeping.

We took the nearest flight to America. Unfortunately this plane didn't go to Seattle, but on the more fortunate side of things, it would land in the next state over; California. It would have to do, it was better than nothing. On the way to the airport, they filled me in on what was happening. Apparently a girl named Isabella knew too much about this vampire coven called the Cullens, and we had to check if she was a vampire or we'd have to kill her? I'm positive that's all.

"I swear," I gritted my teeth, squeezing the arm rests tightly with my hands. Demetri's eyes averted from the window to my direction. ", if he doesn't stop staring, I'll kill him." I whispered so quietly only he could hear. Jane and Alec were in the seats ahead of us, with a lovely old woman who was knitting. Felix was sitting next to two teenage girls behind us. Why couldn't I sit next to her? Why couldn't I get the gossiping girls? Why did I have to be stuck with a horny little mid thirties man who needed to calm down.

Demetri sighed deeply, before he put his hand on top of mine. If I were still human, I'd probably blush a deep scarlet. Here was an extremely attractive man, holding onto my hand! His thumb rubbed back and forth across my hand. I noted that the guy next to me flushed, and he stopped staring a bit. But he reduced to glancing at me every now and then.

"I appreciate the gesture, but he's still looking." I muttered softly, saving him the trouble. He probably didn't want to really hold my hand, maybe he just wanted me to shut up. Demetri caught me off guard when his free hand cupped my face, and he leaned over for a kiss.

Without hesitation, I kissed him back. Our lips firmly pressed against each other's. I couldn't help but feel giddy when he did this. It felt so good to have his ice cold lips against mine. He started moving his lips, and I followed his lead, making our lips move in harmony.

Sadly, it all ended too soon.

Thankfully, the guy next to me go the hint I was taken, and stalked another girl, a seat across from us. I leaned over to Demetri'a ear, my lips slightly brushing against his.

"Thank you." I smiled to him. I truly was, if he hadn't done what he did, I would've done something to scare the entire people on the plane. How did I survive with this much blood coursing around me? Maybe it was the people I had earlier that day? But back to Demetri, he stopped me.

"I didn't just do it for you." He whispered back, giving me a small smile in return. He turned back to the window, but he kept his hand holding mine. I rested my seat back, with a smile on my face.

[-]

"Hello?" I looked behind me to see an empty clearing. The night was still young, but a storm was about to emerge.

Why had I chosen to go to the forest alone tonight? Any night I wouldn't have been doing this either way! What was different about tonight?

Something was telling me to come over.

Literally.

The trees and wind were howling my name. Beckoning for me to forward into the forest. It was trés creepy. I didn't like the idea of going in there by myself one bit, but something was telling me to just go with it. As if saying I'd be safe if I were in the forest, than out here. Weird stuff.

Needless to say, my curiosity got the best of me. From my hotel room, I put on a pair of Converse, and walked out of the room as quietly as possible. I didn't want to wake up Josephine or Carol when I walked out. Sneaking out of the hallway and into the elevator, to get to the first floor, was probably harder than anything. Some workers were out patrolling, making sure idiots like me didn't sneak out to go into a forest. I got away from them anyway.

Now here I was. In the middle of a forest clearing, in simple jeans, a shirt, sneakers, and a thin sweater. Alone. In the dark, with no light source other than the moon. Where a stalker might have had the possibility of being in.

I sighed at my stupidity of coming out here. My hair flew out of order when the wind blew, making me shiver.

"Cold?" A mocking voice came. It was too real to imagine, and I whipped my head to find him. All I could see were trees around me. His voice was deep and luscious. Something a girl would crawl into bed with.

"Who are you?" I conversed with the stranger in the trees. He still hadn't decided to show his face.

"Charles." He replied. "And who are you my lovely lady?"

"Don't you think it'd be customary to show me your face." I suggested. "Since clearly you can see mine." I added quickly.

Silence.

"Very well." He sighed deeply, before stepping out. I hadn't heard his footsteps, but when I turned to another direction once more, he was looking down to me.

I recognized his red eyes.

[-]

"We're here." Alec poked me on my shoulder. I shot one eye open to look at him. Then I looked out the window to see we had landed indeed. I sighed before getting up off my seat, and following the guys' lead.

Forks here we come.