9. Sell Your Soul

9. Sell Your Soul

"Santiago!" My pace increased as I smelt his scent when I turned the corridor. How dare he not tell me about the mission I had to complete by tomorrow evening! How does one imbecile forget to remind another person that? This one was important! My cold blood boiled as I bashed open his door. Inside he was looking slightly scared at me, with Demetri on the side of him. I ignored Demetri, and glared at Santiago. He cowered in fear.

"You imbecile!" I shrieked, pointing at him accusingly. I used my power to lift him into the air, and bash him from wall to wall, ceiling to floor. This serves him right for forgetting to tell me about my mission. I never liked to not be in the loop of things. Especially, when they involved me taking care of some business!

"I'm sorry!" Santiago sputtered, still in mid air, in front of me. His face was cracking in several places. Demetri was in near of dying of laughter.

This is what you get for angering me.

[-]

I stopped walking, as with the rest of the Volturi. Jane gave me a half glare, half curious look, Demetri was just as surprised as I was when he said that, and both Felix and Alec shared the look of confusion.

"I saw the way you reacted to his name." Edward continued. I silently begged Jane with my eyes to let me at him. She nodded, giving me her blessing, and I turned around. The others followed my lead to see what I was going to do. Each step closer to Edward, the rage grew inside of me. He looked slightly scared as I drew closer to him.

He should be afraid. I was giving him the coldest glare I owned. Demetri let out a chuckle of amusement, as I figured he recalled the moment I tortured Santiago.

"Who are you to question me?" I challenged him, looking directly to him. He stood his ground, and stepped away from his girlfriend. He made his way close to me, and we met halfway. We were now a good couple feet away from our own covens, having a glaring contest.

No one spoke as they watched the two of us intently. Seeing who was going to strike first. Would it be the newborn vampire who's only learned a handful of vampiric information? Or would it be the man who was around for much longer?

"What's your relation with that monster?" Edward asked through gritted teeth. At that comment, I exploded. Being able to hold two powers at once, I used Jane's illusion of pain on Edward. He dropped to the floor in pain, but kept silent. Though, the look on his face, twisted in torture, amused me. I lifted him up in mid air, still causing him pain, and fooled around with him a bit. I whipped him around back and forth, then smashed him against the dirt here and there.

"You should never question me." I lowered him to my eye level, just using my levitation technique. My small hand clutched around his thick neck, and I gave it a hard squeeze. Like Santiago, his faces had cracks. "Ever." With that final word, I threw him across the field, and into the trees. I heard him smash against several of them.

Serves this bastard right.

"Let's go Anjalee." Jane smirked at me when I turned my attention to her. I took one last look at the Cullens surprised faces, and noticed one of them looking slightly impressed. He was the blonde who walked next to the girl I just rid the world from. I smirked, and blew him a kiss with a wink, before going back to the others.

"Look's like you've been training well." Felix muttered, for him that was a compliment.

"Thanking you kindly."

Home here we come.

[-]

The trip back to Volterra was blurry. I hadn't even remembered getting on the plane in the first place.

"You okay?" Demetri asked as he stepped into my room. The walls were a shade of dark red, with black carpet. There was a simple vanity table across my bed, with a huge walk in closet to the side of that, and that was all. Vampires hardly needed anything, and decorating would've made me feel home sick.

"Hm?" My attention was back to him. "Oh yeah I'm fine. Just thinking about what happened in Forks."

"Oh with the Cullens?" He took a seat next to me on my bed. I meekly nodded, though it wasn't all true.

Indeed, I had been thinking about Forks, but not about the Cullens. My mind was all for Riley. Seeing him again. Wondering why I hadn't ran off with him. Why hadn't I? Was the life I had now, solely for the Volturi and only them? Maybe once I see him again, hopefully at least, I can get him to become a guard.

"Anjalee." Demetri's voice was somewhat annoyed. I just realized he had told me something, and I completely blocked him out.

"I didn't mean to." I replied, focusing on him.

"Did you see him?" He asked once more. "Your...ex...boyfriend?" Demetri chose his words carefully.

Was he my ex?

"Yes. But he ran off after a brief moment." I shrugged my shoulders, not replying to the 'ex' part.

"Oh? What did you two say? If you had something to..." His voice trailed off.

I laid back in the bed, and stated up at the ceiling, trying to recall the previous encounter with Riley. I only remembered bits and pieces of it. The bed shifted its weight, telling me that Demetri was laying beside me.

"We promised to meet up again." I slightly smiled, remembering that much. I turned to face Demetri next to me. "But god. When I saw him again, I expected myself to just pounce you know? Kiss him like I used to, hug him, but... I felt nothing." My facial expression must've sadden because Demetri placed his hand on my cheek, stroking my hard skin with his thumb. I could feel the pity radiate off his body. I swatted his hand away, and sat up on the bed.

"What?" He asked as he sat up next to myself.

"Don't," I started, placing my hand on his knee. ",pity me."

"I wasn't." He defended himself.

"I could feel it."

...What was happening to me.