5. Sell Your Soul

5. Sell Your Soul

"So what exactly is the whole idea here?" My heels clicked as we walked across the roof of a building.

We had made it to Seattle awhile back, and noticed a very large amount of dirty killings. Only one answer to that were new borns. So what do we do? We look for them in the bustling streets of Seattle.

Once we made it to the edge of the building, we saw them having their evening snack. Prostitutes being picked up and eaten, a car was flipped over, fire. Then I saw a very familiar face in the crowd. It looked like he ran it all, like he was the one who was in charge of these imbeciles. It couldn't be could it?

Riley.

A vampire?

[-]

"What are you doing?" I smirked as I felt Riley's hands cover my eyes from behind. I was sitting Indian style on the green armchair, watching good old television.

Our living room was far from orderly, and neat. Not in the messy way, but in the way it was designed. The walls were a nice ivory color, with several paintings, and pictures hanging up. (Most pictures were of us, being with each other for four years caused many memories.) No furniture was bought in one place. The green armchair was from a yard sale back in La Push, the love seat was bought at an actual furniture store, (it was a black leather couch), the coffee table was brown that we found in perfect condition lying on the streets, and the fire place was already there. Somehow the un-orderly looked good together in our house.

"Oh just something." He replied nonchalantly. "It is my birthday, so I think I'm obliged to do whatever I wanted."

It was true. Riley just recently turned twenty years of age. Tonight. We spent it together, agreeing we only needed each other too have some fun. But I took him out to a grill and bar in Seattle to celebrate either way. It was unsuspected to find a couple of our friends there. But we still had fun.

We had just gotten home from the grill a mere few minutes ago.

"Well Mister Birthday Man," Boy seemed liked an inappropriate word for a twenty year old. "May I know what?"

"Well it wouldn't be too much fun for me. Get up." He ordered. I agreed without much hesitation.

"This is your birthday silly, I should be doing the surprises." I laughed at him, as I put my hands on top of his. He led me through our house, and I could tell we were headed to our bedroom. Or the guest room, I didn't know yet.

"Don't worry, I'll get a kick out of it." He chuckled. He opened the door, my eyes were shut, and led us inside the room. "Okay. Open."

I did as told, and gasped at what was in front of me. We were most definitely in our bedroom, but it was different. The house lights were off, and the only light provided was from the many lit candles scattered around neatly inside. Rose petals were sprinkled across the statin purple bed spread, and Riley was posted up right next to the bed with a smile.

"I was hoping for some birthday sex." He gave me a cheeky grin, motioning the bed next to him. My lips pursed, and I have him a pondering face, as if I was considering doing it or not.

"Have sex with the man I love on his birthday?" I asked myself. "It wasn't like I didn't plan it already." I joked, shrugging my shoulders. He laughed with me, and I tackled him on the bed. My lips skipped his mouth, and worked on his neck. Preferably his sweet spot, I knew where it was, and how to make him go crazy.

"Anjalee." Riley sighed.

[-]

What happened to that man that I fell in love with? The one below me surely wasn't him.

Cold.

Heartless.

A vampire.

"They've already drawn too much attention." Demetri interjected my thoughts. I briefly looked at him sideways, before back at the hungry newborns.

"So has our inaction. Others may begin to question the Volturi's effectiveness." Felix sneered, letting in his own two sense.

"Let them." Jane simply replied.

"Maybe we should consult with Aro." Felix continued, walking away from us. He then dropped to the floor in pain.

"Aro's decisions are being watched. We must decide." Jane stopped bringing poor Felix pain, and let him go. She turned back to the crowd, and just watched.

"Then decide, sister. It's time." Alec nodded to his sister.

"Yes it is." She agreed with him. "Either we let them do what they were created for...or we end them. Decisions, decisions..."

I rolled my eyes. She made the situation more melodramatic then it should've been. She's lucky Aro is her favorite, or else I would've given her a taste of her own medicine. Although, lately I've seen him take a new favoring to myself. Not to be any bit of conceited, but he has starting calling me 'Dear One,' and we all know he's only called Jane that. She knows she's losing him, that's why she had to kiss up to him more.

"I said keep a low profile!" A very familiar voice shouted at the newborns. If I were human, my heart would've skipped a beat.

"Let's go." I said above a whisper, not wanting to see her. I didn't for them to see that he was my weakness. Good thing we were leaving either way. I took one last glance at the back of his head, before we left.

I hope he'd remember me if I ever came to him.