Chapter 9

Selena's POV

A cough escaped my mouth as I laid down on my bed.Justin came into my room,sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Are you ok?" He asked,checking my forehead.

I shook my head and clenched my fist,putting it on my lips.Justin removed his hand and put his hand on my knee.My mom came in with a thermometer in her hand and a glass of water.

"How you feeling?" She asked

"Not good" I said

She only nodded and slipped the thermometer into my mouth.About a minute later,she pulled it out and her eyes widened.

"101.9" She said "You should get some rest"

I noded and fell asleep almost instantly

• Next Day •

"Justin,you need to go" I said,my voice croaked a little.

"No,I want to stay here with you" He said,laying down beside me on my bed.

"You need to" I said

"I won't" He teased,kissing my cheek.

I closed my eyes as I sat up,my head in my hands.

"Sorry" He said,sitting up too.

"For what?" I asked,not moving.

"Making you all sad" He said

"I was sad all day yesterday" I said

"Justin! Come on,the bus is about to come!" Pattie yelled

"I'm not coming!" Justin shouted

"You have to!" Nina shouted this time.

"Don't make me come up there!" Pattie yelled

"Please get me sick" Justin said,turning his head towards me.

I giggled and shook my head.

"What you want me to kiss you?" I asked

"Yes?" He said

"Nope" I said,smiling and laying back down.

Another cough escaped my mouth as my head hit the pillow.

"I won't go to school without you" Justin said,grabbing my hand.

"Justin!" Pattie screamed

"The bus is here!" Nina said

"Go" I said

"Will that make you happy?" He teased

"Yes!" I shouted,shooting up.

He chuckled and kissed my cheek,getting up and grabbing his bookbag that was beside my door.

"Get well soon" He said

"Thanks" I said,laying down once more.

• •

"Hey" I said to Justin,walking inside my room.

"How you feeling?" He said,sitting on the edge of my bed.

"A little better" I said

"Be right back" He said as he left his book bag on the floor next to my bed.He walked out of my room and downstairs.After a minute or two,I heard something vibrating.The sound was coming from Justin's backpack.I unzipped it and pulled out his iPhone.There was 1 new text message.Should I see what it is?

No.

I put it back and zipped it up again.Justin came back with a bowl of hot chicken soup in his hand.

"Thanks" I said as he handed it to me.

"No problem" He said,smiling at me.

"Oh and you got a text" I said,sipping some of the hot soup and let it slide down my throat.

"You didnt see it,did you?" Justin smirked at me.

"No" I said,smirking back.

He went to check his phone and then looked back up at me.

"Who was it from?" I asked

"Just one of my old friends" He said

I only nodded,deciding not to ask what there name was.Justin put the phone back into his backpack and looked back up at me.

"Need anything else?" He said

"No and you dont have to serve me Justin,I'm alright" I said,chuckling.

"Ok" He said"I'm gonna be doing my homework,if you need anything just call" He said and left the room.

When he was almost out the door,his phone dropped onto my beanbag chair. He didn't notice because it was barely audible when it hit the blanket. When I was sure he was gone,I stood up and picked up the phone.I don't know why I was doing this but I had a feeling Justin wasnt telling me anything.

When I typed in Justin's password on his phone,which I know,I checked his message and my eyes widened.

'Can u sneak away from her 2nite baby?'