Chapter 1

I'm running, as fast as my feet will carry me, to try and stop him. One of the members wants out, and he will kill her, I know it. I finally reach the basement of the Los Lobos office, my legs aching and my heart pounding, from running so much. But I can't stop, once I heard who it was, who they took to the basement, I have to try. I burst into the room, and run towards the group gathered around the young girl that wants out, the young girl who never had what it takes to be apart of this world to begin with. I can't see her, but I can hear our leaders cruel cold voice ring out. 

                "You want out? You're a disgrace...you'd betray your family? You want out that bad, but you and I both know you know too much.." Our leader says, spitting on the young woman in the middle of their circle. 

                I finally reach the circle of members, gathered around our leader, Alejandro, and the young woman, Isabella. I shove my way through to the front, earning glares, but I don't care. I can't let him kill her. It isn't right. Speaking out could get me into trouble, but I have to try... mom.. she would want me to. 

                 "Alejo stop! Let her go!"I scream, looking desperately at him, hoping he will change his mind. 

                 He gives me a glare with his cold brown eyes, eyes that match my own."You know the penalty for being in this for this long and wanting out Felicia. You know better than to speak out as well."he says, raising an eyebrow at me.

                  I nod."I do. I think you should let her go. Mom and dad are gone Alejo. We are all we have left of each other.Please don't do this. Let Isa go, and start a new life."I plead, hoping bringing up our parents will help influence his decision. 

                  He stares at me, an unreadable expression on his face. He runs a hand through his dark brown almost black hair, again the same color as mine. "Hold her back." he instructs, and I feel hands on my arms, and another set around my waist gripping tightly. My eyes widen, and I panic, starting to try to get them off me, knowing why he's having them hold me back. 

                   "No!!! Alejo nooo. Stop!" I scream as I struggle, fighting back tears as I see him hold the gun up to Isa's face. 

                   "You know Los Lobos comes first Felicia. You knew better too Isa."he says coldly, with a calm cruel expression on his face. I try to break free, but it's no use. There's at least four to five men twice my size holding me back, now. I watch in horror as he pulls the trigger, ending Isa's life.  

                  I startle awake, looking at the clock. Shit, it's only five in the morning? I groan, getting up, knowing I won't be able to fall back asleep. I dig through my closet, grabbing a pair of dark skinny jeans, a black tank top and a hoodie. I quickly get dressed, and with shaking hands, grab my emergency pack of cigs. I throw on my boots, and go outside to the patio of my apartment. I lean on the railing, and run a hand back through my dark almost black hair. 

                My hands are still shaking, as I grab a cig out of the pack, and light it, inhaling the smoke. I feel myself start to calm, and I breath out, releasing the smoke. I actually quit smoking, months ago. Sometimes though, I make exceptions. This being one of them. It's been five years since I watched Isa die right before my eyes, and it still haunts me to this day. She was so innocent, like a bright light in my dark world, and she never really belonged in the mafia. 

               Like me though, she had no choice. I always thought Alejandro shouldn't have forced her to join, knowing she would never adjust or fit in to our world. He should have let her live a different life, and to this day I hate him for it. I hate him for bringing her into our world, then killing her for not being able to live that life. I hate myself for not being able to save her, for not watching out for her as much as I should have. 

               I flick the ash off my cig, as I look up, watching the sunrise. It reminds me of her, and my mama, who was also another bright light in my life. I smile bitterly at the thought, as I finally let the tears flow. "I'm sorry mama.. sorry I couldn't save her.. Isa, I'm so sorry, I wanted you to live..keep watching over me huh?"I sob, crying out to no one. No one else lives here, and I'm alone. 

              I stamp out the cig, and turn around, going back inside. I head to the bathroom, and quickly apply minimum make up. Lining my eyes with black eye liner, and a little mascara. I grab my gun and knife, stashing them in my boots, before grabbing the keys to my motorcycle. 

              I hop on, starting it up, and head to the Los Lobos office, where apparently I'm supposed to go today, for something Alejandro needs me for. I have no choice, much as I wish otherwise. Unless I want to end up like Isa, I have to do what he says. I was lucky he didn't kill me for trying to stop him five years ago. I got the shit beat out of me, but I lived. Part of me wonders if the only reason I'm still alive after trying to interfere is because I'm his sister. The last sister he has left, mom and dad are long gone, and Isa has been gone for a little over five years now. I also can't help but wonder why he killed her, but spared me. Maybe because I only spoke out, and she wanted out. I suppose in his eyes those are on two different levels. 

                I park my motorcycle, and head into the office. I'm greeted by various members, as I make my way to Alejo's main office. I stop, knocking on the door. "Come in."I hear him grunt, and I open the door, walking in. 

                He glances up, looking at me, with his intense cold eyes. "Ah Felicia. Good. I need you to find and kill the main leader of the Vipers. I know you should be able to hack into their computers and find them."he adds, grinning at me. I fight the urge to shudder, as I take a seat across from him. 

                "Should be simple enough. You gonna give me some men to take in when I find it?" I ask, meeting his gaze. I always keep a cool facade with him, not letting him see any sign that he intimidates me. I can't show weakness, as his second in command, and I haven't. I've gotten good at burying my emotions deep, especially after Isa's death. 

                  "If you think you'll need it."he answers, shrugging. 

                   "Tch. Unless you want me to take on whoever is at their office with him..."I trail off, sarcastically, and he raises his eyebrows in response. 

                   "Watch your mouth. Don't forget who you're speaking to."he chides, glaring at me.

                   I roll my eyes. "Whatever. Just look, I'll prolly need the extra men.¿Me entiendes? I say, carefully meeting his gaze. 

                   He nods. "Si, I understand." he answers simply, and gestures that I can go. I get up, and leave the room, heading to the main lounge, where I set up my laptop and get to work.