Chapter 9

( Mamoru's POV )

            I wake up the next morning to the sound of music playing somewhere else, sounds like the kitchen. I stretch, before going out to the balcony to smoke. I light a cig, inhaling the smoke, recalling how last night Soryu, and Felicia had basically drafted everyone for their plan to get Mei Ling. They came back last night, after their meeting with the black foxes, to announce they needed us all, including Eisuke. We had four days to get ready, and also four days to draft five more people, to make it so everyone had a partner.

                 It was slightly irritating, being dragged into this shit, thanks to the kid and Soryu. Though I will admit it's funny to see someone boss Eisuke around for a change. The kid, and her friend, Cecilia, seem to have no problem telling anyone what they really think, and they don't put up with anyone's shit. The other two they brought around, Scarlett, and Kris, were the same in that aspect.

              We were all a little wary to piss them off, for we had already seen Cecilia, take Soryu on, and disarm him no less. No, these were not your average women, that's for damn sure.

            I stamp out my cig on the railing, heading back inside, to find the source of music. I stop in the doorway at the end of the hall, right by the kitchen. I quietly observe the kid, as music plays from her phone on the counter, as she whisk eggs, slightly swaying her hips to the music.

               I resist the urge to laugh, because I think it's the first time I've seen her let loose. Though she seemed happier with the other girls around, especially the blonde. They were close, you could tell, and the blonde seemed to be protective of the kid, and though Cecilia didn't give off the mafia vibe like the kid did, she certainly seemed to have the ability to be in one. Hell we all watched her disarm Sor, and that wasn't something we saw very often. No, Cecilia wasn't one to be trifled with.

            I watch the kid, as she places the bowl in the fridge, still dancing, as she gathers more ingredients on the counter. She was wearing a tank top and shorts, revealing her tattoos. She had always worn a jacket or sweater before, so I hadn't seen them. She had a wolf in a dream catcher on one shoulder, and an odd tribal design, from her elbow, all the way up to her neck.

              She stopped to turn up her music, the end of Born to be Wild playing. Though it sounded like a cover of it, Hinder's version, I believe. The song finishes, and she glances around quickly, before changing the song. A different beat starts playing, different from the rock she had on a minute ago. She starts singing quietly, as she gathers ingredients. "Loca loca. And I'm crazy but you like it! Loca loca." She sings, dancing around the kitchen, to Shakira's Loca.

A throat clears suddenly next to me, and I jump, slightly startled, to find Cecilia narrowing her blue eyes at me. "Are you watching her, you perverted bish?" She asks, glaring at me.

"I'm not a pervert. Just the first time I seen the kid let loose." I mutter, running a hand back through my hair, not meeting her gaze. "Besides, I don't check out kids." I add, after a minute, still slightly embarrassed.

She smirks, rolling her eyes at me, not saying anything as she goes to join the kid. Felicia smiles at her, pulling her farther into the kitchen, motioning for her to dance as well. Luckily the kid doesn't notice me, and Cecilia doesn't give me away. I smile slightly, watching them dance together, laughing. Cecilia picks the next song, singing along with the music as she dances. "If you really want more, scream it out louder. Get on the floor, bring out the fire." Cecilia sings, as they shake their hips, putting their hands in the air to usher's more, a remix of it though.