Chapter 14

(Cecilia's POV)

               "We're about ready to leave. There will be twenty of us, ten men, ten women. Be ready, make sure everyone is spread out, and I'll periodically text you to keep up. I'm counting on you to let me know what's going on with everyone." I instruct quietly, trying not to be too loud from the bathroom of the tres spades, as I make my phone call.

"Sure thing momma. Ay momma... Did you ever tell her?" He trails off, and I know he was referring to Felicia.

"No... I didn't... She suspects I have connections, but she doesn't know who. It's... It's for her safety that she didn't know. You know that. But if things get complicated tonight, everyone will find out anyway.." I answer honestly.

He goes quiet on the phone for a minute processing this. I knew he didn't want to keep secrets from her. We had all known each other a long time. I didn't want to keep secrets either... But for everyone's best interest in mind, I had always kept certain things in a low profile, and it kept her safe.

"Alright momma. You're the boss. I'll keep you posted. Talk to you later." He hangs up, ending the phone call.

I turn my phone on silent, taking a deep breath before I get ready to join everyone in the lounge. I wasn't sure how she would feel, keeping something like this from her, but it had to be done. Knowing how her brother was, and with everything that could go down tonight, everyone would probably find out tonight anyway. I was ready. I had to be.

I walk back towards the lounge, and I already hear the usual banter and bickering among our large group. "Hey, you okay?" Felicia asks, raising an eyebrow once I enter the room.

I smile, nodding, trying to reassure her. "Of course. You ready for tonight?" I ask. I knew she was nervous her brother would be there. Truth was, he was going to be.

She runs a hand through her hair, before walking over to me. "Yea... Just a little nervous he'll be there." She tells me quietly. "Anyway. Nothing I can do if he is. So, I was thinking you and Atsumu should take a separate car... I'd like an extra set of eyes on that race, if you're up for it." She asks quietly, and I nod.

"Of course. I like a good race. I can keep some people off their ass." I agree, grinning. It wasn't something I did all the time, but I could drive, and pretty well. It wasn't something I advertised, but she knew that I was pretty good. "I'm going to go change and get my stuff ready and then I'll be out." I add, walking back to our room.

                She nods, and I reach our room, and locking the door, I change my clothes. I grab my black slacks, and white shirt. I catch sight of the tattoo on my shoulder, an anchor, that says 'I refuse to sink', in the mirror, as I change, and it reminded me, that damn right, I refuse to sink, and that I'd give it my all tonight. Lastly I button up my short sleeved black vest, and put on my hat, along with my black boots. I grab my whip, and a gun for emergencies, before leaving the room.

                The entire group was here and ready to go, so we headed for the garage. After Felicia explained we should take the other cars, we took the keys, me and Atsumu heading for one car, Kris and Kenshi the other, and the rest splitting off into the vans.

"You sure you can handle a mission beardy? Kinda old..." Takuto chimes in over our ear pieces, as I follow behind Kris, navigating the streets.

"Have you forgotten I've been doing this longer than all of you?" Atsumu asks, laughing off the blondes insult.

"It has been awhile since Ya joined us in the field boss." Hiro chirps, though Atsumu seems to take it well, laughing at their comments instead of getting insulted.