Chapter 14: I Saved Her

YOOOO, so if I can get a quick thirty votes on this chapter, I'll post the next one today!!! The next chapter has a very cute, fluffy scene between Benji and Lucy. Honestly v cute.

-------------------

Mia brought out the ice cream the minute I got to her house. Instead of grabbing bowls, she grabbed two spoons and we headed up to her room. She pulled out extra blankets from her closet and we huddled on her bed with the ice cream between us. I took a small spoonful and slipped it into my mouth.

"Your mom was seriously going to crowd you in a hotel room for a week?" She asked, eating a spoonful of ice cream.

I nodded and waited until I could swallow the ice cream before speaking. "It's ridiculous, Mia. And I know it's because of this morning."

She raised a brow. "This morning?"

"Yeah, I didn't end up sleeping in my bed last night."

Her eyes widened. "What the hell, Lucy? You need to share. Now."

I smiled at her and started at the beginning with Benji. Some of it she already knew, but when I mentioned our shared night at his work and the first time he kissed me, she almost exploded. When I mentioned the party last night, she said she didn't even notice if Benji and I were together. She didn't think anything of it. All the events led up to last night and this morning waking up in Benji's arms.

"I can't believe you've been holding out on me!" She shouted. "All this time...and he kissed you!"

"Mia! Quiet!"

She giggled and leaned toward me. "I'm sorry, I'm just happy for you. Benji's really sweet and I can tell he likes you a lot."

I nodded and took another bite of ice cream. "I forgot to mention he's writing a song about me," I said casually.

"What?" She exploded, slapping my leg in the process. "A song? You inspired him to write a song about you?"

"That's what I said." I laughed. "He told me I'm the kind of girl people write songs about. That's not a bad thing, right?"

"Depends," She said. "If it's about you, it's not bad. Did he play it for you?"

"Yeah, the parts he has finished. They're so good, Mia. There's a line in it 'She dreams of a better place, somewhere in outer space', and it's perfect. That night on the tracks after you left, I lay there with Benji and we talked. I told him I wanted to live on a star." I laughed at how ridiculous it was.

A slow smile spread across her face. "He remembered."

"He pays attention and he listens. It's so weird having someone else actually listen to me besides you and Stacy. He's so easy to talk to."

"Does he know about Zoe?"

"Not yet," I answered. "I plan on talking to him about it, but what we have is still pretty new." Like two weeks new. He talked to me about his brother, but I was worried to spring all my drama on him.

"It won't change anything," Mia assured.

"It could," I murmured. "I don't want to take that chance right now. I don't want to change the way he looks at me."

Mia lightly shook her head. "I doubt anything you say to him will get him to change his mind about you."

But there's always that what if. "Can we do something fun tomorrow? Like go to the mall or something? I haven't been since...well..."