Epilogue

*HI GUYS I'M LETTING YOU KNOW THAT TYLER'S STORY IS NOW POSTED SO PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!! IT'S CALLED BEST KEPT PROMISE!! I'm so excited for Tyler's story because you get to see more of him and he's quite funny if I say so myself ;)

------------

When the automatic doors opened, my heart beat picked up. Zoe stepped out and a smile broadened her face when she saw me. She dropped her bags and ran to me. Our arms went out at the same time and I enveloped her in a hug. "God, I've missed you," she cried and hugged me tighter.

I laughed a little. "I missed you more."

"I don't think that's possible." She held on for a few more seconds and let me go. "Man, I forgot what the sun was like. I'm so pale." She looked at her arms, turning them to inspect.

Another laugh fell from my lips. "We'll get a tan together this summer."

Zoe reached forward and pinched my arm. "Yeah, but you're always pale. I don't think you ever tan."

"That's accurate," I muttered. "Where's Mom?"

She jerked her thumb towards the building. "They're discussing a few things and signing papers. But I'm officially free!"

"You look fantastic," I told her. "And your hair is almost longer than mine now." I picked up a strand of her dark hair and twirled it around my finger.

Zoe shrugged a shoulder. "So, when do I get to meet the boyfriend? I thought he'd be here today."

"He's on tour and won't be home for a few weeks. You'll meet him soon, I promise. Even though you technically already know him..."

"True, but he never knew who I was. So also technically, I've never met him. Last time I saw him, he had blond hair."

Ah, yes, Benji is a blond. We've already discovered that. Every time I think about it, I had to stop myself from laughing. "Well he can't wait to meet you too. It would've happened sooner but it wasn't right yet."

Zoe smiled and nodded. "I know. I've never felt so good, Lucy. Like it feels like I'm on a clean slate and now my whole life is in front of me."

"It's so good to hear you say that." I pull her into another hug. "It's going to be better, I know it, Zoe."

She hugged me back. "I do know it."

* * *

Weeks went by and I helped Zoe fall into a new routine. I'm officially done with high school and have a few spare months until I start college in the fall.

Zoe does seem happier now and we've been spending so much time together. More than we did before. She likes working at the bakery and she's working on getting enrolled in a program to help her finish up the school she missed in high school. Mom's happy and so is Dad. Jason moved out though a couple of weeks ago and got a place with Emily.

While we were working at the bakery, I got a phone call. My phone buzzed on the counter and Zoe looked over at the screen. "Tyler?" She asked.

I tapped on the answer button and put it on speaker because my hands were covered in flour. "Hey," I answered.

"Now that's a voice I haven't heard in a long time," he said. "How are you doing, miss Lucy?"

"Great," I breathed. "I'm excited for you guys to get home in a few days."

"That's actually why I called. I'm catching a plane home now instead of a couple of days because I gotta get home to help my mom's with a few things. They won't be able to pick me up from the airport because they'll be working. Would you be willing to pick me up?"