EXTRA -Benji's Betraying Heart

NOTE: This is chapter 6 in Benji's point of view! Probably one of my favorite chapters of this story lol. Well, and there's chapter 8. :) This is basically to celebrate one year of Best Kept Secret! This book is officially a year old today!!!!!

-----------

"You ass clown!" I shouted at Tyler. "You let me die!"

"I was being shot at!" He defended. "There was no way in hell I would've made it over to you in time."

I sank further into the couch, tempted to throw the controller. "The bar was almost filled," I explained. "I would've been back on my feet, but I was out of ammo."

"You had a knife," Mason said.

"Yeah, and look how far that got me," I retorted. "Doesn't matter now. Tyler can't go on without me anyway."

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Stop dying!"

Evan stifled a laugh.

I glared at Tyler. "You said you would've given me one of your herbs or first aid spray. I didn't have shit for health."

Mason started laughing and pointed at us. "You guys are little five year olds," he said. "Fighting over a video game like little brothers."

Tyler jerked his thumb in my direction. "He's the baby brother that doesn't know how to play with the older kids."

I barked out a really loud laugh. "Yeah, okay," I said sarcastically. "I'm way more mature than you."

That caused Tyler to snort and pat my shoulder. "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Benji. Whatever helps you."

It was too tempting to bite his hand laying on my shoulder, so I refrained from it and just shrugged it off. "Are we going to try again?"

Tyler poked my cheek, but was too fast for me to smack his hand away. "Why the fuck are you so grouchy? Did someone piss in your cereal? Rumple your sheets while you were sleeping? Put the toilet paper on backwards?"

I turned my head and stared at him with a dull expression. "If I could guess, it's probably you."

Tyler just grinned. "I know, deep down, you actually love me like your older brother."

"You're only older by four months, dipshit," I explained. "Now let's try this again, please."

"Did Lucy call?" Evan asked from Tyler's other side.

The loading screen came back on and I was ready. "No," I said quickly. "But I'm not really worried about it." Which was a completely and utter lie. I'm afraid I freaked her out. It's possible, I guess.

Tyler moved his character in front of the locked door and waited for mine to follow. We kicked the door in together and a cut scene showed zombie's holding a few people as hostages. Now we have to shoot the zombie's the get the people back.

"That's why then," Tyler said calmly. "She'll call."

We're thrown into the game and I try to keep a look at my map and using my GPS to locate the assholes that killed me. Some have these weird spider legs and some have two heads with huge arms. Honestly terrifying.

"Whatever," I mumbled. "Now drop a can of first aid spray and ammo."

Tyler dropped what I needed and then pointed at the screen. "There are some wooden crates over there," he said. "Go break them."