Chapter 15: Chin Up

I promised so here it is!! Enjoy!

Song: Heroine by Sleeping With Sirens

-------------

The dress Mia gave me to wear to the Christmas party would never be something my mom would let me wear. It's a black, long sleeved skater dress that came up mid-thigh. I wasn't complaining though because I did look pretty damn cute in it. She also let me borrow a pair of her heels, which I have a love-hate relationship with. Being short, even three-inch heels make a difference. The bad thing about heels is pain and the fear of falling on your ass or worse, your face.

During the party I basically followed Mia and Caleb around. I didn't know anyone, so I stuck with the people I did know. But we kept up conversation, so it wasn't too awkward. I don't feel like much of a third wheel either with them. They never made me feel that way. Caleb made sure I was comfortable and it wasn't a bad night at all. I'm stuffed to the brim with good cookies and some of his mom's delicious homemade dips. I thought I was going to bust out of the dress by the time we left.

We climbed back into Caleb's car once we got the clearance to leave. It was barely past nine, so it was the perfect time to still get to Benji's. On our way, I gave Caleb directions, pointing left, right, and straight. There could have been another right in there, but we weren't too far from Caleb's house.

Caleb drove through the gates and I directed him to the end of the complex to Benji's building. It wasn't like the last time I was here. There were still a lot of people, but not as many as last time.

"Aren't we a little over dressed?" I asked from the backseat.

Caleb parked and turned the car off. "Um, probably." Then he proceeded to release two buttons at the top of his shirt and roll his sleeves up. "Good enough," He grumbled.

Mia laughed. "You should've changed."

Caleb shrugged and got out of the car. Mia and I followed, but I had to lead the way. We walked up three flights of stairs, making it to the top floor. My feet already hurt and walking up the stairs didn't help the purpose at all. I sucked it up and continued down the path and to the left where Benji's apartment sat.

I took the liberty and knocked on the door. There was music muffled coming from the other side and voices talking and laughing. The door swung open and of course, it was Tyler. He moved back and then leaned in, his eyes narrowing in confusion. "Lucy?"

"I'm glad you remember my name," I teased.

"I'm having trouble remembering mine right now."

My cheeks betrayed me and I could feel them burn, the blush creeping up my neck. "Maybe you can remember Mia's." I gestured to her beside me. "And her boyfriend Caleb."

Tyler smiled at them and nodded. "It's nice to meet you guys. Any friend of Lucy's is a friend of ours." He opened the door wide and let us slip in. After he closed the door, he appeared in front of us. "Drinks are in the kitchen. There's a giant cooler, so you can't miss it." Then he looked directly at me. "Benji's in the living room."

I nodded once and smiled. "Thanks."

Tyler walked away and started talking to Evan.

The three of us walked in the kitchen and found the cooler filled with different drinks. Water, soda, and beer. Near the bar were bottles of liquors, brown, golden, and clear. A few people stood there and took some shots. That's when I decided I wanted to try one. I've never tried anything but beer and that wasn't the greatest of tastes. I can't imagine how this will be any better, but I was going to do it anyway.