03

After burying the letter somewhere I knew my parents would find it, I was laying down in bed with a small lamp on,tossing and turning. I gave up and grabbed my laptop that sat on my desk and began typing my essay for English class. The bright screen hurt my eyes, but they got used to it. I grabbed the glass of water that was on my bed stand and took a long sip,and laying back with the laptop on my belly.

     I kept typing until my eyes drooped closed,the laptop still running.
~~~

    I woke up to the bright sunlight streaming across my face. I stood out of bed and ran a hand through my hair. I had got it cut as soon as I had gotten out of the hospital. It now sat past my shoulders,and it felt much better. I grabbed a pair of light blue ripped skinny jeans,and a neon tie dye shirt I had made with Paisley. I got dressed and threw on a pair of black converse and wrapped up my homework that was thrown everywhere.

        I threw it all in my backpack and put it on my shoulders. I brushed through my hair and left it down.

      I headed out of my bedroom and down to the kitchen where my mom had set out toast,eggs,and bacon. I sat down and ate slowly the memories of the letter flooding back to my mind.

         I shrugged it off and ate the rest before going to the bottom of the stairs.

     "Nicole,are you ready yet?" I called up the stairs leaning against the banister twirling my keys.

    She would just have to skip breakfast because we had to get to school.

       "Coming!" She shouted,walking down the stairs,coffee cup in hand.

      I headed towards the door and opened it to be met with a chilly breeze. I wrapped my arms around myself and ran to the car,throwing the door open.

      Nicole stumbled into the car moments later,taking a drink of her coffee.

      "Don't spill that." I said giving her a playful glare.

     She sighed before taking another drink,and adding,"if I spill it,good thing it's not my car." She said setting it down.

      I snorted very unladylike.

     "You mean our car. You're 16 to,aren't you?" I said backing up.

       "Yeah,but I never get to drive it." She pouted.

     "Because when you drive,we wreck almost every five minutes." I complained getting onto the back road to school.

        "At least I don't drive like a grandma." She snickered before taking another drink.

     "At least I don't drive like a maniac that's being chased by the cops." I spat back taking the coffee cup from her.

     "Hey!"

     "I just want a drink!" I said before taking a huge drink of the coffee.

      "That was a gulp." She added snatching it back.

     "It was delicious." I snickered stepping on the gas.
~~~

      "Meet me by the car and we can go out to lunch." I instructed Nicole before collecting my things from the car,and running into the building. The heat blasted over my face,as I headed down the hallway towards my locker. I passed multiple people,before finally stopping at my locker.