13

I hated myself so much.

     Falling for a killers son? Falling for a kidnappers son?! What's happening to me?!

        "Here, let me help you up." He murmured gently giving me a boost onto the horse. He climbed on behind me, kicking the horses side.

       "Why did you just kick the horse?" I asked turning around glaring.

       "Because it won't go. So therefore, I kicked it." Max replied shrugging, kicking it again. The horse finally seemed to get it as it started walking lazily to the dirt road.

      "Doesn't mean you kick it."

      "Yes it does.

     "Not really."

     "Be quiet princess, just let there be silence for once in your life."

       "Don't call me princess or I will smack you into tomorrow." I grumbled, staring forward. He laughed, before becoming silent, the sound of bugs in the air the only noise.

I watched as the trees surrounded us, the humid air growing as it engulfed us.

       "It's too hot. Can we go back?" I asked, wiping my forehead with the back of my hand.

     "You really are a princess aren't you?"

     "Yeah whatever makes you happy."

    "I was always into princesses." He said, making me turn.

     "What the actual f—"

     "Ah ah ah, I don't like princesses who use foul language. It makes them look...dirty."

     "Well sorry to rain on your parade, but almost every princess has probably cussed. So, mister farmer boy, you need to chill, deal?" I asked, rolling my eyes. But on the inside I was actually dying. Is that why he called me princess all the time? Was he actually into me?

       "What are you thinking about princess?"

    Again with the princess thing.

    I turned my head just a little so I could see him out of my eyes without  making him think I was a stalker.

     "None ya farmer boy." I replied back, turning my head away again as my heart protested. What was up with me? Why was I falling for him? This was too crazy. I needed to get out immediately, before I did something that would possibly change our escape.

      "Well, I know something is wrong with you." He grumbled, the horse coming to a slow stop by a cave.

        "Hmm, maybe it's because I'm kidnapped with a family who locks girls in the shed and murders them. Make sense?" I asked throwing myself off the horse in disgust. I wanted to be as far away as I could, but we all know how that works out. Love is the craziest thing. Everyone thinks it's the world, but honestly I didn't need love. Why would you want to be in something where your heart could be shattered, your feelings slammed down? I shrugged off the thoughts before turning to glare at Max.

       "So you brought me to a cave huh?" I asked, wiping the sweat away from my forehead again.

      "Yep." He popped the p at the end before latching his hand onto my arm, yanking me to the entrance of the cave.

           My wrists and arms burned from the rope and his touch before we were swallowed into the darkness.

       "So, where are we going?" I asked, before nearly tripping over a rock.

     "It's a surprise." He whispered back.

     "Why is it a surprise?" I half whispered, my voice echoing through the cave.

        "Because princess. Now shut it so I can hear the silence for once in my life." He demanded, yanking on my poor wrists. I let out a small squeak of pain before tugging at his grip.

"Your holding my arm way too tight." I wheezed, prying at his fingers.

"I don't care." He simply answered back, only making his grip tighter.

I remained silent, giving up on prying his fingers away when a light shone at the end of the cave.

"I take it that we're almost there, yes?" I asked yanking my arm back, his grip finally loose. I'm pretty sure his fingerprints were going to be left on my arm, but I shivered the thought away.

"We're obviously almost there, why are you asking such stupid questions?" He muttered, the light casting over his face as half of it was hidden in the shadows.

"Well, sorry I was just making sure." I mumbled back, gazing down at my wrists. The red had slightly faded, but they still burned.

We exited the other end of the cave and I rolled my eyes. What was a cave doing all the way out here in the country, and why did it lead to a small river?

"Uh, cute. I like the river. Can we go back now?" I asked turning to face Max.

        "Don't you just wanna...relax?" He muttered stepping over a rock, heading towards a bigger pile.

      "I don't relax when I've been kidnapped." I tilted my head, glaring at him as he took a seat.

       "You could be happy here." He replied, shrugging his shoulders. His deep green eyes stared at the shimmering creek water as he laid down on the flat rock.

         "I could never be happy here." I muttered, sitting down on a small rock, taking my shoes and socks off, putting them to the side.

"I bet you could."

"Nope."

"Yep."

    "How?"

    "Well, I'm here, and Nicole and Paisley are here." He stated, propping himself up on his elbows.

    I glared at him, thinking about flipping him off, when he stood up and walked over to me.

"What do you want now? I thought we were supposed to be relaxing...?" I questioned looking up.

  He kneeled down in front of the water, cupping his hands before throwing water at me, soaking my shirt.

       "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" I screamed, shivering at the cold water.

          "Because I thought it would be fun. And I was correct, it was fun." He laughed, turning his head before I shoved him with my foot, causing him to fall in, soaking his shorts and shirt.

       "What was that for?" He asked, getting out of the water.

        "That was for splashing me." I said, giving him a small smile before turning away.

        I put my socks and shoes on, jogging back into the cave to return to the horse and ride away. Not into a sunset, but definitely away from Prince Charming, who I was continuing to fall for.

What was happening to me?
~~~

  Hey guys!!

    Wow, I finally updated, and that took FOREVER. I'm so sorry for the long wait, the next chapter won't take as long hopefully.

      Thank you all so much for 14.1k reads!! I'm glad you guys like this book :))

       Next chapter will be up soon, and until then, have a wonderful day ;)

~maegan