11

I stood outside the door,trying to decide if I was going to break into tears or if I was going to slam in his room and break his face. I did neither. Instead I turned,and ran. Ran from everything,outside,down onto the dirt road. Running alongside the road,my pain and anger pushing me forward,until I couldn't go farther. My knees gave way,causing me to trip and fall flat on my face,where I started sobbing, my shoulders shaking with each rattling breath. Tears soaked the dirt ground, as I layed there whispering curses to myself.

"Why?" I whispered finally,rolling onto my back. I was seriously dreading when I had to get up. Getting up meant walking back to the house. Getting up meant giving up on everything. I sat up slowly, cringing at the pain in my rib cage. I slowly pushed myself up to a standing position, and began to walk back. Nothing mattered now.
*****************
  I trudged up to our new room, wiping my face. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the stomach, at least I'll be used to it right? I laid down breathing deeply, watching as the light from outside turned into dusk, and finally turned pitch black. Voices joined me in the attic and I opened my eyes, Paisley and Nicole coming up the stairs.

      "Look who finally showed up." I spat at them, sitting up.

    "Who crapped in your cereal this morning?" Nicole asked raising an eyebrow. Dang she's lucky I have a sore rib cage.

   "Oh, I don't know. Maybe it has to do with something like being kidnapped again and you two actually enjoying being here. Maybe if it weren't for your drunk butt, we wouldn't be here." I grumbled.

     "It's a free country, I was just trying to have fun at a party. You know what normal teenagers do?" She said taking a step closer.

     "You're not even 21! What were you thinking? You could have died, but now since you didn't we're stuck here!" I screamed at her, getting to my feet.

      She froze, her face holding a twisted anger, before she tackled me, slapping me across the face. I kicked my legs into her stomach, causing her to fall to the floor.

     "It's your fault we're here!" I screamed again before storming down the stairs and out of the attic. Paisley's sobs followed me down as I opened the door and slammed it shut behind me. Max's door opened and he poked his head out, glaring.

     "Princess, if you don't mind, could you possibly be a bit quieter?" He asked, staring me down.

     I flipped him off, storming past him ,down the stairs, and out into the humid night. I clutched my side, muttering curse words as I headed to the barn that sat to the left. I'll go hang out with my true friends.

   Maybe I'll even apologize to that horse that threw me off, and possibly broke my ribs.

    I pushed the barn doors open, and walked in, shutting them behind me. My anger was dropping as I collapsed onto a pile of hay, which was strangely...comfortable. I tossed and turned, trying to avoid laying down on my rib cage, but you probably know how that turned out.

       A horse sneezed in the corner, flicking it's tail, acting like it was annoyed by my presence.

     "I forgive you for throwing me off your back, yes?" I asked it, rolling my eyes. I was going crazy. 

     It snorted in reply before turning around and eating it's hay.

     "Jerk." I whispered before turning and closing my eyes, falling asleep in the barn.
                          ~~~
    "What an idiot." Max's voice woke me from my dreamless night, as I cracked my eyes open slightly.

      "Go away. I didn't ask for a wake up call." I snorted before rolling to the side so he couldn't see my face. For some reason I didn't want him to see me like this. I cringed at the thought of what I probably looked like,before shutting my eyes trying to gain back the sleep.

"You know, I knew you were an animal, but you've moved down Summer. You're a barn animal." He laughed casually like he called very girl he met a barn animal.

"Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment." I said slowly sitting up.

"You should."

"Shut up."

"Oh, I see. We've got a feisty barn animal.." He laughed trailing off, his laughter growing.

"Watch it farmer boy." I hissed,standing up.

"Or what? What are you going to do?" His laughter was gone now, his 'dark' side out.

"I'm actually gonna go up to the house, take a shower, and go back to sleep." I said shoving him as I stomped past.

I walked into the humid morning, trying to lay my hair flat, trying to untangle it as best as possible. I wanted to get out of here so bad, it hurt. I wanted to be in my own bedroom, with my own family. I didn't want to live in an attic with a crazy family who murdered for a hobby. Before I knew it my shoulders were shaking and a feeling in my stomach replaced the hunger and it made me want to throw up. I placed my hands on my face wiping the tears, before new tears replaced them. Every shake of the shoulders, my rib cage pounded in pain.

My head was swimming as I walked into the house and up to the attic where Nicole and Paisley were sitting, playing a game of cards.

"Summer!" Paisley squealed getting to her feet and crashing into me.

"Ouch, you can't do that Paisley." I grunted, sitting down and wiping my face.

"Summer?"

I looked up at Nicole who was running her hands through her hair awkwardly. She let out a breath before looking at me, tears stinging in her eyes.

"I'm sorry I slapped you."

"It's ok. And I'm sorry for storming out and not doing anything with you guys. I just want to go home." I replied, looking down.

"And we will. It's just a matter of time."
----—-----—

Hey guys!!

I finally updated geez I feel like that took forever!

Thank you all so much for 7k!!That means the whole world to me,and I'm glad you all like my book. Some of your comments want to make me bust out laughing they're great.

:D

Anyways I hope the next chapter will be updated as soon as possible!! Until next time,have a great day!

:))

--Xxstars_moonxX--