04

A couple weeks later,the new kid had walked up to me and just stared at me.

        "Hey..Max." I began bringing out my science stuff.

     "Hey Summer. Here's an invitation with my address and stuff. It's gonna be tomorrow night,I hope that's ok." He explained holding an envelope out.

     I took it and couldn't help but notice the smirk that crossed his face. Heat creeped up my neck as people began to stare.

      "Oh,uhm,I had something to ask you." I stuttered putting the invitation in my locker.

      "And what is that?"

   "I'm babysitting this girl,her name is Paisley. Is it alright if she comes along?" I asked wishing people would stop staring at me.

      "That's fine. I'll get some Kool-Aid for her. What do you drink?" He asked the smirk returning.

      "I don't dr-drink." I stuttered trying to glare,but failing.

      "Well,just keep Paisley away from the 'adult' drinks. What do you drink that's not something that's adult?" He asked placing his hands on the locker,leaning against it.

      I felt myself falling for him,before returning to the question.

     "Uhm,probably just some iced tea. Don't spike it please,I have to drive us all home." I grumbled slamming my locker shut.

      "Why would I do that?" He asked,his eyes turning serious.

    "Because, we are teenagers." I pointed out,jokingly pushing him.

      He grabbed my arm gently,the warmth of his hand leaking into my arm.

      I froze. He was touching me.

     "I promise I would never do that." He said wrapping an arm around me.

       "Uhm..thanks." I said shyly trying to wiggle away,but he was holding on tight.

      "Come prepared." He whispered,his breath trickling down my neck.

     "I-I will." I stuttered trying to pull away.

      The whisper of his arms left me feeling cold,goose bumps raising on my arms. I turned and watched him walk down the hall,before hurriedly running down the hall,my body still having chills run through it.
~~~

    "I just - I don't know." I complained to Nicole as I laid on my bed. Tomorrow was the party and I was nervous. The way Max had held me today made me feel..protected. Safe. Scared. This was not the girl who I thought I was.

       "He actually held you!" She squealed practically ignoring me.

      "Yes!" I hissed with an eye roll.

     "Alright,alright." She said throwing her hands in the air.

     My mind kept going back to Max. I couldn't shake the feelings I had for him. I was honestly becoming scared. I was falling head over heels in love,and the feeling felt..new.

     "I'm headed to bed. I need to get my outfits ready for tomorrow!" Nicole said before leaving the room,leaving a lazy cloud of perfume in her wake. I rolled my eyes when I heard my laptop bing. That meant someone wanted to chat with me,but who would be doing that at 9:30 at night?