08

"Here take these. Don't use all of the hot water." Max insisted before giving me the clothes and pushing me into the bathroom,closing the door behind me. I sighed before turning the water on,and took off the barn smelling clothes and got in,the hot water rushing over my face. I breathed in a gulp of air before washing my hair in the fruity smelling shampoo,possibilities running through my mind. Could we run when it was night when everybody was asleep? Would the doors be locked? I sighed before finishing up and shutting off the water,stepping out and drying off. I put the jean shorts on along with a t-shirt and a sweatshirt over it. I hung the towel up before stepping out,the hallway clear. I thought Max was supposed to be watching the door..

        I took a few steps down the hallway towards the stairs to the bottom when a voice stopped me.

     "And where are you going?" Max asked steering me back towards the attic.

    "I was going to go get some food,because you know,being treated like a prisoner is so much fun." I snapped back sarcasm hanging off my words.

   "You'll just have to wait then,won't you?" He asked with a small chuckle before opening the attic door.

   "I hope you know,that I hate you. I used to like you,but now I see the real you." I hissed before stepping on the first step.

   "Send down Nicole please." He called after me,completely ignoring what I had just said.

   "Send the police first." I grumbled under my breath before telling Nicole to go downstairs.

     I took a seat next to Paisley who was currently braiding her own hair,humming a song.

    "Paisley?" I finally asked, thinking of her past birthdays.

    "Yeah Summer?" She questioned pausing with her braiding.

       Her voice still sounded like it did two years ago when we first ended up in this mess. She had become close to me and I would protect my life for her.

      "You're eleven now,right?" I asked taking the brush from her.

     "Well,yeah." She said sitting straighter.

     "Well you know,it's gonna be a little more hard to escape the clutches with the man and woman again,right?" 

    "I-yeah." She mumbled her voice cracking.

     "Whatever happens, I promise we will make it out alive,got it?" I asked putting my cold hand over her's, watching as the tears fell silently from her cheeks. I cringed as her small frame shook as a scream bubbled from her throat.

      I watched as she shook with sobs. I could feel her pains,it was like a knife twisting in my stomach,ripping out my heart and stitching it all back in again.

     "It's okay Paisley. Just think. Our parents already know who took us,right? And the police are probably on their trail already." I said softly wrapping my arms around her. She sniffled quietly as she laid her head against my shoulder,her breathing returning normal before she pulled away and got to her feet.

         "That's true. And maybe when we get home,the man and woman won't ever escape again." She whispered before walking over to the window and gazing out it.

     "Paisley?"

     "What?"

     "I already have a plan. We have to be quiet though. It'll be tonight,come here and listen."

        She sat next to me,and listened closely to what I had to say and when Nicole came back up,we relayed the message to her,sitting in a circle as the light dimmed outside.

                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~

       "Hello girls. How was your evening?" The man asked shoveling a fork full of steak into his mouth.

              "Great. Being stuck in an attic is the highlight of my day." I mumbled gazing over the mashed potatoes,the roll,and a grilled chicken on my plate.

      "Wonderful! We have a gift for you three. Well,gifts." He said gazing at the woman proudly.

        "What is it?" I asked rolling my eyes.

       "The first one is,you each get one horse. We will let you ride them when you get settled in. The second gift would be some new clothes and shoes which Max will bring the bags up from the car. There are some drawers up there as well. The last gift is our names." The woman stated calmly.

      "My name is Harold." The man stated a look of guilt washing over his face. Or was it worry?

    "And mine is Mable." The woman added glaring at her husband. So she had saw it too.

      I finally knew their names. Finally.

        "Well,Max how about you go and grab their things and take them up stairs. Your mother and I have to go back to work tomorrow." Harold said taking the last bite of his steak and getting to his feet.

     "Don't you have to lay low?" Max grumbled pushing his last bite around his plate.

         I snorted before covering it up by taking a sip of water,ignoring the glares I got from Max.

           "Son,these country folk don't have cable out here. They don't even have TV! They're lucky if they even have air conditioning in their buildings and homes!" Harold yelled slamming his hand against the table with a chuckle.

              "I agree. Now,let's get some sleep." Mable said before dragging her husband up the stairs leaving us and Max sitting.

       "I'm gonna go grab the clothes. Don't go anywhere." Max mumbled getting to his feet,leaving us three at the table.

         "Finally we know their names." I spoke,breaking the silence that had fallen across the table.

         "Yep. Now we just need to go." Nicole said leaning closer in,her voice dropping to a whisper.

       "We will." I said nodding my head before taking a bite of my roll when Max walked in mumbling about all of the bags before he told us to go upstairs and we went,leaving our empty plates on the table.

                                                                                      ~~~~~~~~

        "Don't go to sleep." I said with a small smile as I watched the small clock that hung on the wall ticked slowly to two a.m.

        "This light is to dull!" Nicole whined motioning to the single light hanging from the ceiling.

        "Let's go." I finally whispered getting to my feet and climbing the stairs down to the door.

      Paisley and Nicole followed and we all held our breath as I eased open the door to be met by a blinding light coming from a flash light.

         "Going somewhere?"

********

    Hey guys!

  Sorry it took so long to update this chapter.. I finally raised my math grade so updates will be much much quicker,sorta.

     Thank you all so much for 460+ reads already! Wow! I love all of you so much and thank you for reading my book! Also! I changed the two months to two years because someone pointed out that Summer could not go from 14 to 16 in two months,so I have changed it that's why Paisley is now 11.

Until next time,have a wonderful day everybody!!

  :)

--Xxstars_moonxX--