18

Escaping was always my dream. But now escaping with Max was my reality. That night I stayed by his side, staying warm throughout the entire night. That is until it was morning.

"What is this? A sleep over?"

Oh man. Gotta love when someone screams at you to wake up. Max rolled over blinking when his eyes went round.

"Dad? What're you doing in my room?!" He practically screamed jumping out of his bed.

"I just came to tell you that breakfast was ready, but instead I see this?" He frowned walking over to me. He grabbed my hair yanking it up, causing me to flinch.

"I think you need to go get cleaned up Summer." He ordered before shoving me out of Max's room, slamming the door behind him.

So much for a great morning. I shook my head slightly unfazed by what just happened, and climbed the stairs to the attic. I grabbed a plain t-shirt and a pair of jean shorts slowly walking back to the bathroom. I turned the water to scorching hot before stepping in. I swear I could hear my skin sizzling.

I stood there for a moment before I scrubbed my scalp. I stayed under the hot water until it turned cold, finally turning it off. I got dressed quickly, and left the bathroom walking outside. The cool breeze calmed my nerves. Why was I so jumpy? I rubbed my scalp, the ghost of Harolds hand left in place. I shivered.

Would Max tell him? He couldn't be that much of an ass could he? I shook my head, a new thought popping in my head. Where was Nicole? I marched over to the horses noticing hers was missing. What the...?

I climbed up on my horse fear running through me. Was she dead? Was she stuck somewhere? Did she leave without everyone?!

I took off to the edge of the dense woods the horse breathing heavily beneath me. We slowed when we hit the trees, the cool shade chilling the air. Something was wrong.
••••••••

Two hours into looking for Nicole I heard movement. I stopped the horse, before leaping off, landing on my butt ungracefully.

"Nicole..?" I asked to the silence. And that's what I got in response. Silence.

Sweat ran down my back as I turned in a full circle, when a twig snapped. Spooked, my horse took off and to my dismay, disappeared in the line of trees fairly quick.

"Ok.." I muttered to myself when a voice answered.

"Why is a little girl alone in the woods?" A cool voice asked, the tone playful like.

"I'm not little." I said without even thinking slowly backing up.

That's when he stepped out of the shadows. A grown man with light skin, and pitch black hair, and slightly looking like a giant. He had a smirk on his face before he began laughing.

"I'm guessing you're looking for Nicole, huh?" He asked tauntingly as he stepped closer.

"Actually, I am. I would like to know where she is." I demanded watching him warily as he continued stepping closer, until he was right in front of her, inches apart. I swallowed a large breath of air as he grabbed my jaw with his surprisingly freezing hands.

"She's safe princess." He whispered, dropping his hand.

"Freak." I spat, feeling disgusted at his touch. It felt like millions of bugs were crawling up and down my spine as I shoved him away. He grinned in response.

"Careful princess. You don't know what I'm capable of." He chuckled sweeping his hair back.

"I just want my friend back!" I screamed at him, tears threatening to spill. What was this guys deal?

    "She'll be back before you know it." He replied planting a kiss on my temple. I flinched in response shoving him away once more. I took off running to the direction I hoped the house was in. Funny I was looking forward to finding my way back. I'd rather be around Harold and Mabel rather than that guy. The last thing I heard from him was his cackling laughter vanishing as I ran farther.
                               ••••••••••
NICOLES POV

     He was gone. Finally. She only did it for one reason. She hated being around Summer. She always got everything. She got Max, and she had Paisley, what did I have? Nothing. Except for now. I had him. Summer could get jealous. She could get scared. She could do anything she wanted , as long as it didn't involve her. Escape? More like let me sit around and make out with my kidnappers son.

     Sure it was a little messed up of my relationship with this guy, but he would never kill me. He promised. He might just get angry but he always apologizes. And I'm not overlooked anymore.

     I walked through the tiny house, adjusting the air so it would cool down. I need to start dinner, or else he would be mad. I staggered into the kitchen turning the oven on, before making the chicken.

     Not even 10 minutes after I had put the chicken in the oven he walked through the door carrying a wine bottle, and a cheeky grin.

   "Is dinner started?" He asked gazing at her.

    She nodded walking over to him, taking the bottle. "Did you see her?" I questioned getting two wine glasses down from the cabinet.

   "I did. Must I say, she is pretty." He mumbled softly taking the wine glass from her outstretched hand.

   "Not as pretty as me though,right?" She asked fear striking through her.

    "Never as pretty as you." He whispered before popping the wine bottle open, pouring both of their glasses full.

                           •••••••••••

   SUMMERS POV

   I finally managed to make it back to the house as night had fallen. I walked inside, running up the stairs to the attic. Paisley was sleeping already, her hair knotty as if she had went outside. She had scrapes and bruises covering her arms and legs. I made a mental note to ask her about those before creeping back down the stairs.

     "Summer?" Max questioned, walking over to me.

    "Hey.." I mumbled, my mind too cluttered to even think about Max. Of course I'm kidding. Everything in my mind was pushed back as he wrapped his arms around me.

    "We leave tomorrow night." He whispered into my ear softly, before pulling away walking back down the stairs.

    I watched my mind completely blank, except for one thought. What about Nicole?
                                ••••••

  Hey guys :)

   HERES THE NEXT UPDATE!! Only one day late, better than having it 83838383 days late😂

  Anyways, your girl turned 15 today :) i feel super old but I mean what can I say? I'm an oldie , and I'm proud.

    I have a new story idea, but I think I'll be writing it after this book is finished. I'm thinking about maybe 4 or 5 more chapters for this book? Idk.

      Anywho, next update will be out soon I'm not exactly sure though. Ily all and ty for reading my book :)

P.S(THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES!)

      Have a nice day everyone!

~maegan