Chapter 4

Taina woke the next day with a headache. She didn't even drink anything last night. Andre had to leave around midnight on a call out. She dragged herself to the bathroom, showered and then headed to work. She was working on one of the wards today and it wasn't as chaotic like the emergency ward. Her duties were to do obs every hour and paperwork. Obs are blood pressure, temperature and pulse checks. They also had to check the patients IVs and their catheters if they have one. Sometime they would be called to help them in the showers or to give more pain medication or antibiotics to them when they were required.

She had some trouble with one of the patients. She was a 27 year old. Her name is Naomi Kirkpatrick. She has beautiful thin almond shaped eyes that were a nice shade of silver surrounded by long black eyelashes. Her hair was naturally red and was long with waves. She had a slightly curved upper hourglass figure with fair skin, she has also have freckles on the bridge of her nose. On her file it says that she's the same height as Taina. She was a beautiful young girl but the women thought she was ugly. Taina tried to take her obs but she wouldn't let her her do it. So Taina called Naomi's doctor who arrived five minutes later.

"She won't let me take her obs" Taina told him.

"I'll talk to her," Dr Campbell said before turning to her room. Taina followed him and he said to Naomi "Miss Kirkpatrick, you will get worse if you don't let the nurse check your obs. These obs tell us if there is anything going wrong"

"I just want to go home, please" she said with tears in her eyes.

"I can't let you go home until I say you are fine but that will only happen if these obs are performed" he explained to her. She nodded and he gave Taina instructions with medication that might help her relax.

Dr Campbell left after giving Taina a sexy smirk and it was sexy. She looked away but didn't blush and went back to work. While Taina was doing the obs a very handsome young man walked in.

"Hey sis" he said to Naomi with a big smile.

"Why are you so happy?" Naomi grumbled her answer to him.

"Because I'm here seeing my beautiful little sister" he said to her.

"Aren't you a sweet brother" Taina said giving him a smile.

"Thank you" he smiled at this beautiful looking nurse. He wished he wasn't engaged because this girl was gorgeous. He gave his hand to her to shake which she did with a smile "my name is Michael"

"Hi my name is Taina" she said shaking his hand.

"So Naomi hasn't been a pain in the butt has she?" he asked Taina with a chuckle at the end.

"No she's been great" she answered him not entirely truthfully.

"That's good because she can be a pain in the ass most times" he chuckled again then looked at his sister with such loving eyes. "Dad and mum said they'll get here when Cindy was done at her photo shoot" Michael told her and she frowned at him.

"They don't even care if I died, all they care about is Cindy and no one else" Naomi sobbed out and then rolled over crying. Michael didn't know what to do or say so Taina took over and pulled Naomi into a hug.

"Sh, Naomi it'll be alright, you don't need them, you're stronger than them" she whispered into her ear while rocking her.