Chapter 8

In the middle of the night Taina woke up with a hand over her mouth. There was a guy on top of her and she tried to scream but his hand was over her mouth to stop her. She tried to struggle under the guy but he was too heavy to move off so she bit his hand. He groaned pulling his hand off her mouth in pain. "You bitch" he yelled at her angrily. She screamed at him and he slapped her harder, she fought against him but he was too strong. She reached to the side of her bed to grab the baseball bat she kept there for safety. She hit him with it and ran out to the front door. He ran after her but he grabbed her just before the door that she realised was open and he threw her against the wall, she fell to the ground and he was on top of her again. She hit him again with the bat when she could. He fell off again with a groan. She ran out screaming for help.

He finally got his senses back and went after her, he grabbed her again and turned her around then hit her harder this time. It was so hard that she tasted blood in her mouth and she started to cry more now. She tried screaming again when he tried to drag her back to the apartment, she tried to dig her nails into the carpet in the hall but it didn't work. Next thing she knew he let go of her leg and she saw her neighbours chasing him down the fire exit stairs. Two other neighbours who were female came to her and helped her up to take her to one of their places.

"Taina it's alright now, you're safe now sweetie" Sarah said who is the wife of one of the men that gave chase. Taina was crying still and she couldn't stop the trembling. All she wanted was Ollie. The other lady name is Edith she is a single mother, after Edith helped Taina into Sarah's place she left to check on her son who was asleep. She came back with the baby monitor and with a wet washer for Taina's forehead.

"It's ok" she said with a small smile. Taina could only nod but didn't say anything. All she wanted was Ollie.

"I want Ollie" Taina said through her tears.

"Ok sweetie" Sarah answered with a small smile too while rubbing her back.

Taina heard a noise outside their apartment and she screamed and started to tremble more. Sarah got up to stand in front of her with a stiff back. Then her husband walked in. "I've called the police and Dustin has him outside with my handcuffs on him" Walter said looking at his wife who was now relaxed.

"That's good, she's asked for a Ollie" she said to him, he looked at Taina then walked over to her. She squirmed away from him and into the corner of the couch. He saw it and stopped.

"Hey I won't hurt you" he softly said.

Taina shook her head with a tremble, "I want Ollie" she said in a small trembling voice.

"Ok, who's Ollie?" He asked her softly.

"O-Oliver Wil-Williams" Taina answered still in a small trembling voice.

"Detective Senior Sergeant Oliver Williams" he said with a surprise. She nodded her answer. "Ok I'll call him"

Other police officers turned up and tried to talk to her but Taina wouldn't let them come close to her. She didn't say a thing only 'I want Ollie' and that's all. Paramedics came in and she started to tremble and cry again. Taina wouldn't let them to touch her and she knew her lip was busted and her chest was sore but she didn't want anyone to touch her.

Oliver answered his phone with a "hello" while sitting at the dining room table with his laptop and Colin walked in just then.

"Detective Senior Sergeant Oliver Williams" a man said over the phone.

"That's him" Oliver replied while Colin gave him a look. He shrugged at him then listened to the other guy on the line.