Interview

Before beginning out walk, Zak lined me up with a microphone that connected to my shirt and belted on the back of my pants. Then, I walked with them into the Quaker Building. I could feel eyes on me, hundreds of them – even though there was only 3 people in this hallway, the entire building even. I tried to calm myself by taking a few deep breaths. But, who was I kidding? I wasn't going to calm myself down any time walking around this Asylum. I led them halfway up a stairway, and stopped. They questioned my abrupt stop, but I didn't answer. “I'm not going any further.” I announced, “I'm sorry. I can't risk it again.” The men behind the cameras stared at me and nodded.

“You don't have to.” The one with a thick beard said, “We know what it's like being deathly afraid of a place.” I nodded at him.

“If it makes you feel better,” Zak smiled at me. “You can tell us your experiences right here.” I nodded thankfully. These men knew what it was like to be scared of something you can't see. I turned around and faced the camera, my voice quiet.

“Well,” I began, “Right up those stairs, I was taking pictures for a magazine with a model. I felt like something was brushing my arm. I pushed it off as wind, since most of the windows at that time were open. I began taking a few more pictures of my model, and I felt my hair being touched. I called a break for my model, and she went back down to the car to get some water bottles. I began to review my pictures as I leaned against a wall, and my camera stand not only fell over, it flew three feet and slammed into a wall.” The boys faces went wide, and I felt eyes on me that weren't theirs.

“And the wind couldn't have done that?” Zak questioned me. I shook my head.

“Unless it was some hurricane, tornado type shit-” I covered my mouth at the cuss word. Zak laughed along with Nick and Aaron at my cuss.

“Sweetie, this is Ghost Adventures. We say shit like that all the time.” Zak laughed as he put his arm around my shoulders. I laughed with them for a second, and then we went back into business mode. “Anyways, what happened next?”

“I was startled, wouldn't you be?” I asked, continuing with my experience. “I got up from the wall, and walked to my camera stand, making sure it was fine and not broken. I was pushed back into a room behind me. I toppled over an overturned chair, and fell on the floor hard. The door to the room then slammed shut. The only thing I could do at this point was scream – but thankfully, my model was there and opened the door minutes later.” Zak stared at me, his eyes wide.

“Ladies and gentleman, that’s an experience.” He said into the camera before looking back at me. “Have you had any other experiences?”

“Have I?” I laughed at him, “Hundreds. My mom works here. I used to be here daily until..” I went silent at that, and shook my head. Zak waited for me to talk, along with the other three.

“Until?” Zak asked me. I shivered.

“I need to get out of here.” I announced, “I feel eyes on me. Mean eyes. Can we talk outside?” I asked shivering. Zak nodded.

“Of course.” I nearly ran down the stairs and out the door. Holding on to my knees and breathing hard. I hated this place, and I wanted to leave – right now. I didn't want to even be anywhere near this place. I felt a hand rubbing my back. “Are you alright?” I shook my head.

“I hate this place.” I said to him, “This place is evil. Your on something serious if your staying here by yourself for the night.” I stood up and looked at him, his eyes not only filled with confusion, but a dose of confusion, and a speck of fear. “This place wasn't right when it was running, and hell – it isn't no where near 'just an abandon building' now.” I looked up at the Quaker building. That's when I saw it. The shadow figure. It's red eyes glaring down at me as if it was warning me. “Do you see that? In the window?” I whispered to Zak. Zak looked up, and as soon as he did the Shadow figure vanished.