I'll Protect You

Marilyn Anderson Point-of-view // 8:00 pm.

I stared at myself in the mirror, I had gotten dressed for Zak's and I's dinner date. Even though I had to ask him questions beforehand, I didn't want him to have to wait around while I got ready for dinner. Zak was suppose to be here any minute, and I was actually getting really nervous. I didn't even have a reason to be nervous, I mean – I didn't like him.. did I? I shook my head and looked over myself in the mirror again. I was wearing a dress, the top was silky and sucked itself to my body, the body lacy and flowey. My shoes were silver Jimmy Choos, I had curled my hair so it was curled enough to be bouncy, but not enough to look overwhelming. I had soft make-up on that brought out my eyes, and my lips were coated with red. I felt good. I looked over myself once more, before there were three soft knocked on the door. I sucked in a breath, and let it out. I picked up the notepad from the counter with my questions on them, and walked to the front door. Sucking in a breath, I opened it.

Wow. I was astounded, Zak could clean up! He was wearing a button-up shirt, black of course, and dress pants. A big gaudy belt buckle on his belt, and a red tie. His hair was done up as usual, and he smiled at me. “Marilyn,” Zak gushed, “You look absolutely beautiful.” I smiled, and hid my blush from him as I thanked him. He nodded, and pulled a hand out from behind him. He held roses in his hands, that were so beautiful. My jaw dropped, “I got you some flowers, I'm taking you out on a date – so I thought it would be appropriate.” I smiled at Zak's statement and took the flowers, sniffing them and letting him inside.

“Their wonderful, Zak. Thank you.” I smiled at him turning and walking to the kitchen, my heels tapping on the floor. I opened a cupboard, and pulled out a glass vase and filled it with water and ice. “I thought I could do your interview – and then we could hit the restaurants.” I smiled at him, turning my head as I placed the flowers in the vase and sat them on the table. Zak nodded in agreement, and watched me.

“Sounds great.” Zak smiled. I pulled out a chair and sat down, turning on my digital recorder, and motioning for Zak to sit down. He took the chair across from me, and I uncapped my pen. I flipped to my first page of questions, with “Zak” Underlined at the top. “Shoot.” Zak announced, leaning forward and listening carefully. I smiled at him and nodded.

“Alright, first of all.” I announced, reading off of the notebook paper at my messy writing. “What first got you interested in the paranormal?” Zak smiled at that question, and leaned back in the chair, acting like he was getting comfortable for the question.

“Well,” He began, “When I lived in Detroit I had a face-to-face interaction with a ghost. She screamed my name, and pounced on my back. I was face down for almost five minutes, and when she got off me I ran outside. I was scared to death. From that day on I decided that I wanted to know more about life after death.” Zak explained. I watched his facial expression turn serious as he said this. I smiled, and nodded. “Next.”

“What is it like working with Nick and Aaron?” I questioned him, jotting a few things he had said underneath the first question.

“It's like having 2 younger brothers who enjoy pulling pranks on you,” Zak laughed, “but seriously, they're awesome. They enjoy the same things I do – and I can always have a laugh when we are on the road. They get annoying sometimes, but so do I probably. It's okay. We always have each others backs.” I smiled at that answer.

“Great.” I said, jotting a few things down under the question, then reading the next one aloud, “Have you ever got possessed by a ghost?”

“Actually, I have only been in a partial possession. At Preston Castle, I was walking through the place by myself in the dark, and apparently I knew exactly where I was going. I was singing songs, and I walked all the way to Anna Corbins room. Nick told me to come out and help them, and apparently I said, no – and turned into the room and said something – and walked back in the room.” Zak explained, shivering at the thought of the possession, “It was an amazing experience. Not being in control of your own body. It's scary.” Zak sighed and shook his head at the remembrance of this.