Somethin' Got Me.

I stood at the waters edge, watching Zak, Nick, and Aaron load the boat to head off to the island for the night. I was afraid for them. I was severely shaking. I was glad Jay and Billy were staying at the hotel and they weren't going to the island. I had somebody to talk to. The boys shoved the rest of their equipment on the boat, and Zak turned to me. He smiled at me, and wrapped his arms around me for a hug before he hopped onto the boat. I snuggled my head into his chest, and we stood in silence for a moment. “Zak,” I whispered to him, “Promise me you'll be safe.” Zak sighed.

“I already told you I can't promise you that.” Zak's deep voice replied to me, his head in my hair. I shook my head and looked up at his eyes. “I'll be as safe as I can. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. I'm as afraid as you are.” Zak attempted to explain to me. But there was no way to explain to me that he was going to be okay. My mind was spinning with the possible outcomes of this investigation.

“Be as safe as you can,” I replied to him, “And that means no taunting, no yelling, no threatening no-” I listed off each possible thing he could do to piss off the spirits, before he covered my mouth with his hand. He smiled at me as he took his hand off my mouth when I quit talking, “I just don't want you to get hurt.” Zak chuckled. This was no laughing matter. Even if they did get hurt, and it wasn't the spirits fault; there was no way the ambulance could get there in time to help them, AND, most people won't go near the island – The boys were the only ones stupid enough to stay there for a night.

“I'm not going to get hurt. Go back to the hotel with Billy and Jay. If anything happens to any of us we will call you.” Zak promised. I nodded against him, pulling him into a hug again, and finally pulling away when the boys got into the boat. The waved us good-bye, until we couldn't see them against the sun anymore.

“C'mon.” Billy smiled at me, putting his hand on my shoulder, “Lets go back to the hotel and get some Zzz's. Nothing is going to happen to them, this may surprise you – but Zak knows his limits.” I sighed, and agreed with Billy – making our way to the Hotel to go to sleep, and leave the investigating to the boys.

In the morning, I woke up early, before the boys got back actually. I got dressed, and got ready for the day – and when I exited the doors, The boys were walking down the hallway. “Hey!” I exclaimed, walking to the boys. “How was the investigation?!” Zak's face was dragging, and he was walking slow, and didn't stop, or even look up when he saw me. He kept walking to his room and unlocked it, went inside, and shut up. I rose my eyebrows. I looked at the boys waiting for an explanation.

“There's something we need to show you.” Nick said to me, his face drained from color. I looked at Aaron, then back at Nick.

“What the hell happened?!” I exclaimed to them. Nick began walking to his room, and I followed like a puppy. It seemed as soon as Nick entered the door, he was plugging in a cable to the camera he had in his hand and pressing playback on the computer. Nick sat me down in the chair, and it began playing. It was all in night-vision – and Aaron was talking to Zak. Zak's facial expression changed – and he started cussing at Aaron.

Me?!” Aaron asked surprised at Zak's lash out at him.

YEAH I FUCKING SAID YOU!” Zak screamed in Aarons face.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.” Aaron said, putting his hand up to Zak's chest, “Are you okay, bro?”

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!” Zak screamed, his head following Aaron as Aaron nearly sprinted away from Zak. I didn't understand what Nick said after that, but he was warning Zak to get out of there, Zak didn't reply, and simply started swearing at Nick, “FUCK YOU!”