I think I really like you.

Marilyn Anderson

“Marilyn,” Zak's voice whispered, “Marilyn, wake up.” I groaned, and turned over, facing away from the voice and covering up my head with the blanket. A soft chuckle escaped Zak's lips, and he gently pulled the blanket from my head. “Marilyn, we got a lot of things to do today. Wake up.” I groaned again, and ignored him, flopping on my stomach and ignoring him. “Okay,” Zak smirked, “You asked for it.” I didn't know what he met, until the blankets were ripped off me, and I was picked up from the bed. My eyes popped open, and Zak was smiling. He threw me over my shoulder, and he was laughing hysterically.

“Zak!” I screamed, “This isn't funny! Put me down!” I let a giggle slip out of my mouth, and that just tempted Zak to go on longer. He began walking to the door to the bathroom. “Zak!”

“You should've gotten up when I asked you to!” Zak smirked, opening the door to the bathroom and plopping me down on the toilet. He put his hands on his hips and smirked at me. “You think that my threats are nothing more than threats.” Zak laughed. I almost stared at Zak. Zak was shirtless, and wearing black sweatpants. His abs, oh his abs. The stuck out, and his tattoos looked extremely fine, as did his body. I nearly started drooling. “Nobody ever thinks I'm serous, but I always am.”

“I hate you.” I muttered and crossed my arms, pouting at him. “Your so not funny.” Zak laughed at this, and shook his head.

“I heard you laughing,” Zak announced, smiling at me, “Don't lie.” I rolled my eyes at him and stood up. “Take a shower and get your girl on. I'm going to go to my room and get ready to face the day.” I smiled at him.

“Okay.” I laughed. Zak nodded, as he turned around. He slapped the door-frame and began walking down the hallway. I bit my lip. “Zak?” I called out.

“Yeah?” Zak replied as I heard the door open.

“Thanks for staying with me last night.” I smiled into my hands.

“No problem.” Zak replied with a smile in his voice, “Anytime sweetie.” Then, his footsteps escaped through the door, and a click informed me that he had left. I smiled at myself. I stood up and shut the bathroom door, peeled off my clothes and hopped in the shower – happy that I got to get clean and refresh myself. The shower was hot, and this hotel didn't have little travel sized hotel bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Instead, they had the actual big bottles – and it smelled good too, Green Apples. Yum. I washed my body, and hopped out of the shower. I dressed in a white button up shirt that was really thin with crosses on it, and a black tank-top underneath. A pair of jean shorts with a black belt to hold it up. A big red scarf wrapped around my neck, and my hair down. I wore strappey sandles that weren't heels. I felt good in my outfit, and I felt Zak would like it too.

I heard a knock on my door as I was strapping on my shoes. I walked to it, and pulled it open. Zak stood there, and smiled at me. He was wearing a black T-shirt, with black jeans, with a gaudy belt buckle. His gelled hair was covered with a red and white hat. “Hey there,” Zak smiled at me, “You look beautiful.” I hid my blush from him.

“Thank you. You look attractive yourself.” I smiled at him. Zak smiled.

“So,” Zak smiled, leaning against the door-frame, “The crew doesn't have anything to do today. So, I thought we could hang out before lockdown.” I nodded smiling at him.

“That'd be cool.” I smiled at him, “What did you plan?”

“It's a surprise.” Zak smiled. I groaned and stomped into the room where I grabbed my purse and shoved my phone in it. “Why do you always get so mad. I thought you loved surprises.” Zak smirked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes as I threw my purse over my shoulder.

“Oh please,” I replied to him, “I hate surprises, and you know it.” Zak laughed and rolled his eyes at me, waiting for me to walk out the door.

“Alright,” Zak laughed, “Come on – lets go have fun.”

~~

“This is beautiful.” I gushed, staring out into the water of the canal. “Absolutely breathtaking.” The water was so crystal clear it was as if I could see the bottom of it. Water taxis zoomed through the waters and people tossed bread to the ducks. It was truly breathtaking and a surreal environment.

“This is the main waterway for this city,” Zak read off of the pamphlet that he had picked up from a little store where we had also bought some Italian candy that Zak hogged down. “There are over 200 deaths per year on this very canal.” I looked over at Zak, and gave him the , 'seriously', look. He shrugged, “I like death.”

“I know.” I giggled at him. I pulled out my phone, “Lets take a picture.” I smiled. I turned around, and waited for someone to walk down that spoke English. “Excuse me,” I announced to another American tourist. She smiled at me, and walked towards me, “Do you mind taking a picture of us for me?”

“Not a problem, dearie.” She smiled at me. Zak and I posed at the fence of the canal. Zaks arm looping around my waist and mine in my pockets. We smiled, and she snapped the photo on my camera, and then handed the phone back. “You two are a very nice couple.” She smiled, and then walked off. Zak smirked at me.

“You heard her.” Zak laughed. I shook my head and looked at the picture. It came out decent enough. I put my phone back in my purse and smiled at him. “Alright,” Zak smiled at me, “Where to next?”

“No idea,” I replied, “But my legs hurt.” I leaned against the fence, and tried to rest my legs, pouting at Zak. Zak rolled his eyes at me with his only response.

“Oh come on.” Zak said. “You cannot be tired. We just started walking like two hours ago.” I dropped my jaw.

“TWO HOURS!?” I shirked. Zak put his hands up in defense.

“Do you want a piggy back ride?” Zak smiled.

“Uh, yes!” I exclaimed standing up. Zak crouched down, and I climbed up on his back, straddling him with my legs. I laughed loudly as Zak began walking, “I feel like a child.” I laughed.

“You are a child Marilyn.” Zak replied smiling at me.

“Am not.” I argued. Zak rolled his eyes at me and continued walking, getting looks from many people walking down the street. “Zak?” I questioned him quietly after a moment.

“Yes sweetie?” Zak smiled up at me.

“I think I really like you.” I admitted to him, pushing my lips to the side and blushing.

“Well, Marilyn.” Zak smiled at me, “I'm glad you said that. Because I really like you too.”

I almost fainted.