You're in trouble.

Marilyn Anderson

“Here we are at Linda Vista Hospital in East LA. We have a very special guest joining us for this investigation. Our very own photographer, Marilyn Anderson.” Zak spoke into Aaron's camera. Zak could tell I was edgy around Aaron – but I had an excuse this time. I just told him that I was really nervous for this investigation. Zak took this excuse (thank god), and blew it off. I helped Billy carry in supplies to the overview room Billy was going to be staying in. I sat the laptop on an old table that was in the corner, and began setting up the camera tripod. I watched Billy line up the room with cords real quick, and let out a sigh. Billy looked up at me, and rose an eyebrow.

“You okay?” Billy asked me, his eyes watching me. I shook my head, letting out a breath. Billy slowly stood up, watching me. “Want to talk about it?” I nodded, and Billy shut the door, and locked it. He put his hands on my shoulders, and waited for me to talk.

“Aaron kissed me.” I announced, tears in my eyes. “Then he texted me and told me if I told Zak that he could tell Tony to come after me.” I started sobbing, letting everything out. Billy pulled me into a hug, and didn't say anything. I didn't think he could wrap the situation around his head. “Billy, I'm so sc-c-ared.” I sobbed into his chest. Billy shhed in my ear, petting my head with his hand.

“It'll be okay, Marilyn. Are you sure that's what he said? He wasn't joking sound was he? Why'd he say it?” Billy spit out these questions fast, watching the door – he took note that I didn't want Aaron hearing me talk to billy about this problem.

“He wasn't joking, I know he wasn't. He said he didn't know why I picked Zak. He said I should've picked him.” I cried to Billy. Billy let out a sigh, he rubbed my back and shook his head.

“I don't know little solider.” Billy said. “You gotta tell Zak.”

“No!” I argued, lifting my head. “I can't!”

“Tony and Aaron have nothing against Zak. Zak won't let anything bad happen to you.” Billy consoled. I shook my head.

“No, Billy. Please.” I begged. “I'll do it when I feel that it's safe for both me and Zak. Please just don't tell anybody I told you.” Billy nodded agreeing. We tore apart and I unlocked the door and made my way back outside, wiping tears off my face. I half-ran into Zak when he was coming in the doors to the hospital.

“Hey,” He smiled, holding onto my waist as he pushed me back into the door. His face fell when he noticed my messy make-up and watery eyes, “Are you okay?” His concern filled his voice and his eyebrows pulled down, “What happened?”

“I just smashed my fingers in the equipment suitcase, it's not a big deal.” I lied.

“Let me see your fingers, those cases are heavy.” Zak reached down for my hand, but I pulled it out of his grasp and into my sweater pocket.

“No – their okay. Billy checked them.” I lied again.

“Oh, okay.” Zak replied, watching me closely, “Are you sure your okay?” I nodded, forcing a fake smile on my face as Aaron came through the doorway with his camera.

“Never better,” I replied nervously as Aaron's eyes stayed on me. Zak looked at me curiously again and pulled me in a hug, before letting me go and following Aaron through the hallway to the room where Billy was. If only Zak knew what Aaron did. I walked outside to cool down, and met Nick at the van. Nick smiled at me, and finished wiring up the camera he was fixing, and stood up straight. “Hey,” I greeted.

“What are you up too?” Nick grinned.

“Getting mentally ready for this investigation.” I replied leaning against the van.