Chapter 11: Believe it is Yours

Bernice | Friday

Thursday flew by as me filling in as Dave's manager. He had an interview with This is 50.com, a freestyle session with DJ Funk Flex, and several other radio interviews. Today this morning he had a photo shoot with Popular Demand and tomorrow he was shooting a piece about Harlem for Karen Civil's blog. From that one day yesterday I made $4,000, so in all I would make $12,000. That was half of what I made in a month for 3 days. I'm clearly in the wrong profession.

Today was Dave's listening party and they wanted me to go to the venue to make sure everything was being prepared smoothly. It would be held at a club in New York city called the 40/40 club. I walked in and made sure all the workers had a job. I made sure they hung the blown up version of the mixtape cover up. I then made sure the cake I personally ordered for tonight was here and in the fridge. Everything was in check.

I left going back home to start getting ready. I walked into my closet trying to find something to wear. I didn't have time to go shopping and just buy something new all together, so I was struggling to find something to wear. I facetimed Dave.

"Yo! Wassup, beloved?"

"I don't know what to wear" I said pouting.

"Wear something black" I looked in my black section for a dress. I pulled a black dress by BCBG out. "What about this? And then I'll wear my Giuseppe's." I pulled my black Giuseppe's with the gold leaves down the front out then showed him.

"I like dat" I nodded then we hung up. I ran myself water and took a bubble bath, did my makeup, curled my hair then got dressed. Right as I was done getting ready Trey called saying he was outside. He looked good. We left driving to the city to the 40/40 club. It was a pretty good turn out. A lot of big names would be here considering he is signed to Nas. After getting champagne Trey and I looked for Dave. He was in his own section. They let us in. I hugged him then he dapped Trey.

"Wassup, nigga?! How you feelin'?" Trey asked Dave.

"Relieved, everything's done and went as planned." Hate Me Now dropped on datpiff at midnight and already had a decent amount of downloads. I looked Dave up and down. He looked so sexy and handsome. He had a white button up on with the sleeves rolled up and the top buttons unbuttoned showing his tattoos, black fitted slacks, & black Louboutin loafers with spikes. My staring was broken by him saying, "Thanks for making sure everything was perfect" as he half hugged me.

Dave

I was making my rounds making sure I had spoken to everybody when I saw Nas finally walk in. I walked over to him and we dapped. "What'a up, youngblood? That tape is a mutha fuckin problem!"

I laughed, "Thanks, Nasir. You got your own reserved section over there" I pointed to it.

"Whaat? This shit fancy! I told you it'd come together and be okay. Bully will be out soon, watch."

I nodded my head. I wished he was here to see this because he worked the hardest to make sure my vision was foreseen. "Oh I have someone I want you to meet." I knew Bernice would die if she met Nas. Her and I had the same top 5 rappers:
1. Biggie
2. Pac
3. Nas
4. Jay z
5. And Cam'Ron for Harlem

I took him over to her. She was facing the other way so I tapped her shoulder and she turned around. She looked like she had seen a ghost. She has had a crush on Nas since Belly. I laughed at her facial expression. "Nasir, this is my best friend who helped with all of this, Bernice. Bernice, this is-"

"I know who this is. Who doesn't?!"

Nas laughed and they shook hands. "She's beautiful, Dave" he said nudging me. "I really appreciate you helping out and putting this together. I hope the pay was enough."