Chapter 38: Go Mad

Dave

Like every weekend I had a club hosting. Luckily I didn't have to perform though. I was in the car on the way there with Zeek, Buddha, and Wayno. "A little birdy told me they went ring shopping with you," Buddha said raising an eyebrow.

"What kind of ring shopping? Oh, like a promise ring." Zeek said nodding his head like he was sure he was right.

"We're not in high school, Zeek." I laughed, "I'm guessing that birdy is Toya, but yeah. I took them with me to look for an engagement ring."

"Already? Y'all have only been together a couple of months," Wayno asked from the front.

"Yeah, we've only been together 6 months, but I know what I want and I want it with her. We talked about marriage from the get go. I've known her for forever, so we skipped the getting to know each other stage. I want to marry my best friend, so I'ma do it."

Buddha sniffled. "That shit just hit me right here, b!" He hit his chest with his fist.

"Quit being a typical light skin nigga with light eyes!" We all laughed then we pulled up to the club. We walked in. As we went to my reserved section I asked Wayno, "Who's performing tonight?"

"Some dudes out of Florida. Chris Travis, Pouya, and Robb Banks." I snarled when I heard that name. I just nodded. I wasn't going to make it known I had a problem with dude I was just going to handle it. I didn't want anybody trying to stop me. It pissed me off I wasn't able to handle it the way I wanted to before, but now's my chance. He hurt Bernice, so I was going to hurt him. I got Henny on the rocks then they handed me the mic to introduce the performers.

I was vibing to the performance because I'm not a hater. He stopped jumping on the stage and looked right at me rapping..

"Tell me why yo man looking tough? We just some well dressed goons,
don't get your head bust.
Don't get it fucked up and
don't get your bread touched.
Make you catch a fade 'fo your girl lick my head up!"

I clenched my jaw as he looked away back at the crowd. I don't know why he's playing hard because Bernice told me herself his story. He wanna act it I'll show him a nigga who really came from the projects. I was in those streets forreal, unlike him who had one foot in while the other was still getting allowance from his rich and famous daddy. "What was that about? That staring contest.." Wayno asked me.

"Bernice's ex. I guess he's still mad about that upper cut I gave him."

"You're good, right? Don't do anything stupid." I nodded my head sipping my drink even though I know I'ma whoop his ass when I get the chance. I'm finally off papers so I don't give a fuck anymore. After awhile I made my way from the main club area to the back stage area. I sat on a couch waiting for him. He finally came with his whole little crew. I could care less. I stood up going up to him.

"Who dis?" One of his people asked.

"This the nigga I-" I didn't even let him finish punching him in the face. I get onto Bernice about being violent, but this is for her. What kind of man would I be if I didn't protect her? This dude is walking around free after what he did to her. They thought they were going to jump me until my people rushed in. Either way I could handle myself. It was a full on brawl now.

I was about to smash the half full Hennessey bottle I hand in my hand into somebody, anybody's head when an arm grabbed me. I looked to see my manager, Wayno giving me the look of a disappointed parent. I smacked my lips throwing the bottle on the ground weaving as a fist flew in my direction. I heard several loud pops go off causing people to scream and duck. Soon after I was roughly grabbed, pushed to the ground with a knee in my back. As my face was smooshed into the cold, concrete ground I looked around for my team to make sure everyone was okay.