Chapter 26: Waiting Game

Bernice

It had been weeks since Robb assaulted me. I was pretty much healed, but Dave had practically moved in. He even bought an air mattress to sleep on in the living room. I honestly think his dad was just taking over his apartment, so he was using taking care of me as an excuse to stay here.

I was taking a nap, but I heard water running. I got up going to the bathroom to see Dave standing over my tub dropping something into the water. "Good, you're awake." He turned the water off. "Your bathwater is ready. By the time your done dinner should be ready."

"Thank you." I quit arguing about him not having to do stuff for me because it was no use. Plus, I kinda like being taken care of. I got undressed down to my bra and panties when I realized Dave wrapped my wrap to where the clasps were in the back. I couldn't undue it myself. I started yelling his name and he came back.

"What's wrong?" I pointed to the wrap around my torso and he came over undoing it. "There. That won't happen again because you don't have to wear this anymore." He smiled and I did too. He left again, so I got undressed submerging into the water. He had added one of my bath bombs that made the water glittery. I relaxed and bathed then stood up grabbing a towel when Dave just walked in the bathroom.

"Do you knock?" I said wrapping the towel around me tightly.

"My fault. I just came to say the food's ready. Plus, I've seen you naked before. I don't know why you trippin'!" True. Granted I was 18, but he has. He casually leaned up against the doorway smacking on some food. "I can't even lie, I threw down on this shrimp! Better get down there before I eat it all."

"I could get down there faster if you would leave, so I can finish." I stepped out of the tub.

He waved me off in a whatever matter. "I'll help you. Sit."

"You don't have to, I can do it myself." He ignored me pushing me onto the edge of my tub. He grabbed another towel drying my feet and legs off.

"So, when are you going back to work?"

"Um, I got fired."

"When did this happen and why?" He asked motioning for me to spread my arms. I did so and he dried my arms.

"The day the incident happened. They fired me because of me fighting at Trey's party and smashing his windows out. Basically for being in the blogs for negative stuff."

"They can do that? Stand up." I did and he came behind me patting my wet hair. "Do that wrappy shit y'all girls do to your hair." I laughed taking the towel from him. I bent over wrapping then twisting the towel around my hair. "Yeah, that. Well that marketing and promotions spot is still available on my team. You want it?"

"Yeah, I need it."

"Okay, I'll call and set it up." I nodded. "Do you still have any bruises?"

"Yeah, but they're not as dark. They're really faded."

"That's good. It's a good thing he didn't touch your face. The bruises on your neck are gone too." He softly touched my face with his thumb then traced down my neck to my collar bone. Chills slightly went up my body. "Why you so glittery?" He asked laughing and rubbing 2 fingers together.

"That's your fault. You put a glittery bath bomb in my bathwater. Do you even know what those things are or do you just put them in there?"

"I didn't know. I just throw em in because they look cool while they explode and shit!" I laughed shaking my head. He played with a piece of my hair that I left out of the towel by accident.

"Thanks for taking care of me."

"No problem. I have nothing else better to do. I already finished my EP. I'm just waiting on Def Jam to give me the green light."