Chapter 35: I Need More

Bernice | 2 months later

We're still on this cross country tour and currently in Los Angeles, California. Even though we're a little family now I'm ready for it to be over and go home, but we have a couple of more shows in the states and a couple out of the country.

Right now the team was stopped at McDonald's after driving hours on the tour bus. I sat at a booth with Toya and Brittany. "So, I have good news for you Miss Burgos!" Toya said cheerfully sipping her iced coffee.

"What?"

"I talked to a couple of people interested in managing you and since we're in L.A. I set a meeting up for you to meet one. Before you chew my head off, I know you're not interested, but just go and see if you like what you hear. I'm telling you, you can be making bank right now."

"Fine, what time is the meeting?"

She looked at her watch, "3 o'clock. I'll go with you and Brittany will find you something to wear. Sound like a deal?"

"Deal. Now let me enjoy my egg McMuffin in peace, damn!"

"Oop, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. What? Did Dave take all the covers last night?" Britt said chuckling.

"I think y'all hoes just mad because y'all gotta sleep in those bunks and I'm in the back in a real bed."

"Girl, bye! Ain't nobody mad!"

"Speak for yourself, Brittany. I am! Last night I rolled out of my bunk and I'm on the top. That was a long fall to the floor." We all bust out laughing.

"So that's what that big thud was?" Britt asked. I chuckled eating my hashbrown. They're crazy. Dave, Zeek, and Buddha finally came from the line sitting at a table next to us. It looked like they ordered the whole damn breakfast menu.

"Did you guys get enough food or? Let me get a-" I reached over trying to grab one of Dave's biscuits, but he snatched it away.

"Back yo ass up!"

"Damn, is that how you treat your girl?!" Buddha said.

"Girl?" Britt, Toya, and Zeek asked in unison.

Dave groaned. "I can't tell yo ass nothin'! Run your mouth like a female."

"Oh, oops! I forgot, sorry."

"You good, I just can't tell you anything anymore."

"Noo, we're best friends. Remember?" Buddha whined.

"I was about to say the same thing. How come you didn't tell me. I thought we were here!" Zeek said pointing to him and Dave's eyes.

"No, we're not quite there." Dave said chuckling.

Toya threw her straw wrapper at Buddha's bald head. "Why didn't you tell me? You tell me everything!" He shrugged.

"Is nobody going to ask when this happened? Bernice?"

"Almost 3 months ago now."

"Y'all some secretive mother fuckas! Congratulations, I guess. Y'all still ugly!" Zeek said continuing to eat. I chuckled shaking my head. Hater.

I kicked Dave from across the walk way then leaned in. "That big mouth of yours. Keep it shut next time, Dave."

"You have yet to complain about this mouth any other time." He grinned while I rolled my eyes. We just sat and talked while we waited for the boys to finish eating mainly. I was on my phone when I heard Dave call my name. "Look up, B!"

"Hm?" I said looking up only to see him holding his phone up in my direction. "Did you just take a picture of me?"

"Yup and I'm posting it too."