Chapter 21: Violent Flower

Bernice | A few weeks later

I was at work patiently waiting for it to be time for me to get off. Trey was having a party because he put out a mixtape called To Whom It May Concern that I needed to get ready for. I was wasting time if I was being quite honest when there was a knock at my office door. "Come in!" I said tidying up the papers on my desk. A young girl came in with a clipboard. She was clearly somebody's assistant or secretary.

"Bernice Burgos?"

"Yes, that's me."

"Hello, I'm Bethany. I'm the presidents secretary. Mr. Harris has requested you come to his office. He would like to speak with you. Please, come with me." I stood up following her to the elevators. I wonder why he wants to see me. It had been weeks since I had spoken to him at the New Year's Eve party, so I figured I didn't make that great of an impression on him. We went to the top floor of the building then she showed me into his office. I sat down across from him.

"Burgos, correct?"

"Yes, Burgos."

"I've been looking all over for you, but nobody knew what department you got moved to. Mr. Harris, your president." He extended his hand and I shook it.

"I know who you are, sir. We spoke at the New Year's Eve party."

"Yes, I know. That's why I've been looking for you. You made quite the impression on me. I've been thinking long and hard what marketing team I want you to be the head of.." Head of a marketing team? I just wanted to be on one, not run the show. "That's when I knew exactly where I wanted you. Do you remember the shoes you wore at that party?"

I thought long and hard. "Christian Louboutin?"

"Yes, Louboutin. He needs a whole new marketing plan, which requires a team and he came to us. I want you to head that team."

"Sir, I've never even been on a marketing team for something that big let alone be the head of one."

"I know. I read your full profile, but I trust you. I know you can do it unless you think you can't..I'll give it to someone else, so they can get the big bonus."

"No! I'll take it!"

"Good, I knew you would. You'll have a team of 5 other people. Your first meeting will be next week, so have a rough idea of what you want to do because the designer will be there. Good luck, I'm counting on you." I left his office going back to mine. I sighed as I sat down. I looked at my watch realizing I was off. I clocked out going to the city to Trey's place.

I walked in calling his name with no answer. I went into the bedroom to see 3 outfits laid on the bed. I could here music and water running in the bathroom. He came out wrapped in a towel soon after. He kissed me.

"What are these for?" I asked pointing to the outfits.

"For tonight. Pick one, but you can still keep the rest." I nodded looking at them.

"Which one do you like?"

He pointed to one. "The red. You look sexy in red." It was a red long dress that I knew was form fitting with a pair of black red bottoms. I said okay then went to take a shower. I did my makeup then my hair then came out to the living room where Trey was. He stood up licking his lips. "I told you you look good in red."

He rested his hands on my waist. He tried to kiss me, but I stopped him. "Nope, lipstick. Let's go!" I said looking back smirking at him.

"You play with me too much sometimes." We left going to the lounge his event would be at. While Trey talked to people I went over to Dave and Mack. I hugged them both. "No dates?"