Chapter 32: Flames Stay Inside

Bernice

I tried to leave Michigan, but the first flight out wasn't until the morning. Next thing you know Brittany and Toya found me and basically dragged me back to the hotel. Soon we were on the tour bus headed to the next state, Virginia. I sat in the corner while everybody else did their thing. I just wanted to leave. That's when Buddha came over to me. "You good?"

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking." I said putting on a fake smile.

"You know, Bernice, you gotta mean left hook! That shit hurt my feelings when it connected to her face." I laughed saying thanks. "That's more like it. You need to be smiling and laughing." He hugged me when Dave came from the back room. I rolled my eyes.

He stood over me saying, "Can we talk?" I was going to say no, but Buddha pulled me up so I followed Dave to the back. I sat on the bed while he stood just looking at me. "What was that little stunt you pulled? Was it really necessary to do all that? I didn't do anything with her. You act like you caught us naked in bed."

"It's not about that and you know it. It's about loyalty. This shit is just like high school." I chuckled to myself. "Just like high school you chose that bitch over me. Instead of coming to my room to see if I'm alright you were keekeeing with that hoe like she never wronged you. You got sucked right back in. How'd she get to your room, Dave?"

"She just showed up."

"But you let her in. Did you not?"

He sighed. "Yeah, but didn't nobody choose her over you. Like damn, Bernice! I'm trying, I really am, but you make it hard."

"I'm making it hard? You did choose her over me. Who was the one holding you while you balled your eyes out until you fell asleep? Me, not her! I've never done no shit like that to you, ever! Trey wanted me to stop being friends with you and I said no. I do that every single time. But you, you don't do that. Keyshia said stop hanging out with Bernice and you'd say okay. I would never!"

"Look, I'm sorry. That's never my intentions. To make you feel like you're second. We were just talking. As much as I hate to admit it that relationship with her hurt me. I needed to get closure finally. Not just for me, but for whoever I date in the future. I don't know if that'll be you, but I'm hoping. I'm praying actually. I need you to understand I wasn't doing that with ill intentions."

"Okay," I simply said. I know how bad Keyshia hurt him. It's crazy how people you dated years ago still have an effect on you and your relationships in the present. "I think we both just have stuff we need to deal with."

"What does that mean?"

"I think we should just pump the breaks on this whole thing. Plus, it's effecting us working together. Just put a halt on this situation, okay?"

He sighed deeply rubbing his head. "I think you're right." I stood up hugging him. He grabbed my face kissing my forehead saying, "I still love you."

"I love you too" I left going back to the front to sit with everyone else.

---

I was backstage at tonight's concert in Richmond, Virginia. I was watching the show on the tv as August Alsina performed I luv this then next thing you know Chris Brown and Trey Songz came out to perform the remix. That does make sense, since they're both from Virginia. Trey looked so good. I hadn't seen or spoken to him since he came to visit me in the hospital.

Me and Trey honestly weren't together long enough to fall in love, but I had love for him. I know for a fact I didn't love him as much as he loved me. I wasn't as so much sad about our breakup, but I did miss him. He was a good companion and he kept me smiling and laughing when we weren't arguing. He spoiled me with material items and catering to my body. Things would've been perfect if it wasn't for my anger issues, the blogs, and his insecurities.