Chapter 40: Past That

Bernice

After a week in Jamaica we came back to good ol' New York. I really enjoyed spending time with my dad and I plan to visit him again soon. I wonder how life would've been if I was raised by him?

I wandered into thought as they put a mic on me. I was about to be interviewed by Vlad tv because Tori thought it was a good idea. Tori came over to me. "Ok, so Vlad's going to ask you questions over the phone and you'll answer. There's a camera right there," she said pointing. "I don't know how many questions he's asking, but the interview will be broken into parts posted to his website and youtube. I'm sure he'll ask questions about your exes." I nodded then soon the interview started.

He asked questions about my stripping days then he asked, "So Robb Bank$ is your ex? You know I interviewed him? Did you see it?"

"Yeah, he is. I saw a little bit of it."

"Now I recently saw in the blogs that Dave East and him got into a huge fight at the club. Guns were involved, people got arrested. What was that about?"

"I don't know. I wasn't there, so I can't speak on it." I said lying, but still telling the truth. He asked me questions about me and Robb's relationship pertaining to the abuse, but I didn't want to answer those.

"I saw on your instagram you posted a ring. Are you engaged?"

"Yeah, I am." I couldn't help but smile.

"I saw on the blogs they were doing some investigation and putting two and two together. Are you engaged to Dave East?"

I nervously laughed then thought long and hard. "Yeah, I am." I finally admitted. I have a feeling I'm going to regret that.

"You are? How long have you two been together?"

"Awhile," I said not wanting to say how long we really have been.

A couple of days later

Tonight Dave's parents are hosting an engagement party to announce it to all of his family and also his friends. I say his because I don't have family. I was at Brittany's so she could find me an outfit for tonight. Toya and Tori were also here. I came out in a dress she picked. "Too much cleavage and too much ass." I said looking in the mirror.

"There's nothing I can do about that, boo. That's all on you." She slightly laughed.

"I know that. I just don't want to look like some cheap hoe."

"Haven't you met his family before?"

"Yeah, but there's some people I haven't that are coming like one of his sisters."

"Girrl, Trey tried it!" Tori said loudly looking at her phone.

"Trey who?"

"Mr. Trey Songz, your ex. He did an interview and they asked about you. I think he's just bitter about your engagement to Dave." My interview with Vlad came out 2 days ago, so everybody knows me and Dave are together now.

"Let me see!" She hit play then handed me the phone. He was doing an interview with Big Boi.

"Did you hear about your ex, Bernice Burgos getting engaged? To Dave East too even after he denied that rumor."

Trey chuckled. "That whole thing is just funny. Both of them lied to my face."

"Isn't Dave your boy?"

"He was supposed to be. They both denied anything was going on between them when I asked. Now 6 months after we break up they're engaged. Fuck outta here!"