chapter ten: [don't do it]

"I had no idea you'd be so important to me."

    Indigo's POV

"And what does this have to do with you?" I asked, crossing my arms as I leaned on the lunch table.

"Just listen." Allison huffed, returning her attention back to the book.

"The Beast of Gevaudan. A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Avuergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louie that 15th sent one of his best hunter to try and kill it."

"Boring." Lydia sighed, picking at her salad. I rolled my eyes at her, looking back at Allison.

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan."

"Still boring." Lydia chimed again.

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of a hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychild." Allison continued.

"Slipping into a coma bored." Lydia huffed, pouting her lipglossed lips.

"While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shape-shift into a man eating monster." Allison's eyes widened as she read.

"Any of this have to do with your family?" I asked.

"This." She nodded. "It is believed that La Bete was finally trapped and killed by a renown hunter who claimed his wife and four children were first to fall prey to the creature. His name was Argent."

"Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?" Lydia scoffed, twirling her hair now.

"Not just a big wolf. Take a look at this picture." She said, turning the book towards us. "What does it look like to you?"

My eyes focused on the black and white picture, before my body froze. This was it. This was the thing from my nightmares. The thing chasing me.

"Lydia? Indigo?"

"It looks like... a big wolf. See you in history." Lydia huffed, standing up. My gaze was still freezing over the picture. The beast in the picture was almost looking directly at me.

"Indigo?"

I blinked my eyes furiously, before snapping out of it. I took a deep breath, before looking at Allison who had a worried expression.

"Yeah, that's- that's a beast, alright." I let out a deep breath.

"Indigo, are you okay?" She asked, quieter as she leaned in. I gulped and nodded, taking a quick glance at Stiles and Scott's table.

"Yeah, I just- I need to talk to... them. Stiles and Scott, I mean." I hurried, standing from my seat and leaving without hearing another word from Allison.

I almost ran to their table, taking a not-so subtle seat next to Stiles.

"I- I said it backwards." Stiles explained to Scott, who nodded.

"Yeah, I know."

"Alright, you know what? I definitely still hate you. Uh-huh. Oh yeah." Stiles nodded, standing up from his seat. I felt a sudden grab on my hand, Stile yanking me from my seat.

"Okay, sure I'll follow you." I rolled my eyes, keeping pace with Stiles.

"I need your help." He huffed, quickly making his way down the hallway. I raised an eyebrow, as he slowed down in front of one door. One office.