chapter twenty: [ice skate date]

"I want to kiss you, but only in the most connotative way possible, so that no dictionary definition would stand a chance to describe how your lungs could be filled with the sweetest air possible, and yet you would still be breathless."

          Indigo's POV

   Sitting in the passenger seat of Allison's small car was the closest I've been to hell. Literally, she was sitting behind me. Blabbering on about Jackson, or her parents, or- or how today there was this one piece of hair that just wasn't staying in place.

   "How much longer until we get to the ice rink?" I turned my head to Allison with my eyebrows raised and she sighed apologetically.

     "I promise, not much longer. A couple blocks." She assured me. I huffed and looked back ahead of us. She was right, I could see the pink and blue glowing sign from here. The fact that I knew Stiles was waiting for me there made my stomach flutter.

 Or- or is that why Lydia was here? Did he invite her? Am I just here because they didn't want me to feel left out or something? Nothing was for sure, but my heart dropped anyway.

   Allison pulled into the empty parking, with the exception of Stiles' blue jeep, and turned off the car, taking a deep breath.

"Hey, Lydia-" Allison turned around, giving her a soft smile. "You go on in. I want to talk to Indigo for a second."

I looked to her curiously, then to Lydia who rolled her eyes and shrugged.

    "Sure." She said, opening her door and stepping out. I watched as she grabbed her bag and closed the door, strutting in front of the car to the front door. I watched the inside lights turn on, the boys probably seeing we were here.

   "Hey." I heard Allison speak softly. I looked to her, eyebrows furrowed. "I know Lydia joining us wasn't the highlight of your day."

"Not exactly, no." I nodded.

    "I'm sorry, but I felt bad. She's broken up over Jackson, no matter how many times she claims he's 'missing out'. And we've been leaving her out lately, dealing with all these new werewolves. She's not here for Stiles, okay? Stiles invited you. Stiles wants you here. I bet you the boy is sitting down in there, leg-bouncing nervous." She chuckled. I did the same and looked down to my lap with a burning face.

"Thanks, Ali." I thankfully smiled to her, putting my hand on the handle. She grinned and nodded, swinging open her door, her curled hair bouncing along. Happily stepping out of the car, I shut the door and walked to the front of the rink with Allison.

       Opening the door, the bright white lights stung for a second and the smell of ice was intense. It smelled- cold.

"Hey."

     Allison and I turned around, seeing Scott with a huge smile. Allison mimicked the smile, jogging into his arms. He gave her a squeeze and pulled away, grabbing her hand and began walking her into the bleachers area to slip on their skates.