chapter eighteen: [were-lizard]

"Sometimes, the person who gives you strength, is also your weakness."

    Indigo's POV

Throwing myself, literally, onto the bed in my room in exhaustion, I let out a loud exaggerated breath.

   "Tell me about it."

I rolled over and looked to the door, seeing a distraught Scott. I sat up, concerned.

"We found Lydia, right? All is good?" I raised an eyebrow. Scott scoffed and shook his head, taking a seat next to me on the mattress.

   "All is not good." He sighed. "I just ran through the woods trying to find Lydia, stumbled upon another werewolf, and watched him die."

   My mouth hung open. "You just- watched him die?"

Scott widened his eyes at the accusation. "Derek held me back! He told me to watch and learn, and then I saw Gerard. Allison's grandfather. The one that showed up at the funeral?"

I nodded my head.

"He took out a sword and just- cut. Right through the waist." He spoke, staring down to his shoes.

      "Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Scott took a deep breath before looking to me, solemnly.

"He wasn't just hunting, Indigo. He was declaring war."

˛

Scott, when we got to school, ran to Stiles to tell him, but on the way, Allison had grabbed me, pulling me to talk with her and Lydia. I looked to Scott apologetically, before walking with them.

   "So, Lydia," Allison started as we walked up the stairs of the front doors. "You really don't remember anything?"

"Wow, we should start a club." I mumbled, scoffing.

  "They call it a fugue state." Lydia sighed. "Which is basically a way of saying "We have no idea why you can't remember running around through the woods naked for two days" But, personally, I don't care."

She smiled largely, throwing her arms to the sides. "I lost nine pounds."

Allison gave her an unsure look. "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"Please," Lydia waved off. "It's not like my aunt's a serial killer."

With that, she swung open the doors and strutted in, leaving me and Allison with the same astonished look.