chapter twenty-one: [gone swimming]

"My past left scars and wounds. But the biggest one I have is the one I got falling for you."

    Indigo's POV

    My body laid across four of the plastic chairs that sat in the waiting room of the Auto Shop. Stiles left a couple of seconds ago because fixing the jeep was taking longer than it should've. I just stared up at the ceiling, the white tiles and florescent lights, still thinking.

   "Quality establishment you're running here!" I heard Stiles yell, before the door was yanked open. A bell rung and I looked over, seeing an annoyed Stiles wipe his hand on his jacket. He shook his head and looked around, his eyes catching a photo frame. The guy who was working on his car, in a lacrosse uniform.

     "Figures." Stiles scoffed. I chuckled and looked back at the ceiling. Stiles pulled out his phone, but I didn't hear him typing.

     "What the-" He whispered, before his phone dropped. My eyebrows furrowed and I sat up normally, looking at him. Stiles had his hands out, shaking, looking down at them.

   "Are you okay?" I asked, standing up and walking over. He looked to me.

"I don't- I don't know." He shook his head.

     We both looked out to the mechanic, who was still drilling away. A clawed hand reached down, dripping with liquid.

"Hey. Hey!" Stiles yelled. But the claws scratched his neck and the mechanic grabbed the wound, wincing. The creature crawled around the jeep, disappearing.

   I heard someone fall and I looked to see Stiles on the ground, arms and legs stiff.

   "Stiles!" I yelled, crouching down. I tried to pull him up but his body was too stiff. I grunted, trying again, but nothing.

     "Help! Help me!"

I stood and looked out to see the jeep was moving down, the mechanic on the floor, like Stiles was. My eyes widened and I ran to the door.

  "Indigo, no!" Stiles shouted. I looked to him crazily.

"If I don't go, he's going to die, Stiles!" I yelled.

    "If you go, you're going to die! And I'm not letting that happen when I can't do anything about it!" He snapped.

"I'm not letting him die." I narrowed my eyes at him, as my hand turned the door knob, swinging the door open. Stiles' yelling continued as I ran into the garage, the jeep lowering closer and closer to the ground.

    I ran next to the guy, getting him to look at me, his eyes full of fear.

"Don't worry. I'm going to help you." I nodded. He let out a small sigh, nodding frantically.

   I stood up and looked around for whatever was making the jeep drop. A hissing noise made me turn around, but it wasn't the creature. It was a pipe. A loose pipe, slashed as it let out air. That. But there was nothing I could do about that.