Gally's Friends

"That was a pretty good argument you had in there. I thought Alby was going to explode after throwing you against the slammer wall."

"Well, that's... graphic. I didn't really want them thinking I could beat them. I mean yeah I'm small but I gave Newt a pretty hard hit to the balls. Did you see?"

"Yeah, that was funny. You're the first girl we've had here, you know?"

"Yeah I noticed." I stopped and Gally came to a halt. "What is this place? Why don't I remember anything?"

"Come meet my friends, I'll give you a tour later."

"Are you gonna answer my questions?" I said.

"Oh just hurry up." He said, then muttered, "Greenie's with the questions."

The entire thing was a vast green field enclosed by huge stone walls. There were man...boy-made shelters and farm animals. There were also crops and woods. I think it's like a prison. I thought. Is there a way out? What's outside?

He took me behind a concrete building where about ten boys we scattered on the floor and leaning against the wall. Gally called over three boys.

"This is Max guys. She's not going to stay in that building tonight. She put up a good fight. She's gonna fit right in with us. Max, that's Dave, Stuart and Sam." They all said hi and stuff. Dave looked about sixteen and he had brown hair and brown eyes. Stuart looked about seventeen and also had brown hair and brown eyes but he was taller than Dave and was more adorable though. But Sam was so adorable. Sam was about twelve and hair reddish brown hair.

"Are you gonna tell me what's going on though?" I said starting to get pissed with no knowing.

"What does she know?" Asked Stuart.

"Not much. We haven't told her anything but she picks things up pretty quickly. Ask her yourself." Gally told him. I think I like Gally. He noticed things about me and remembered my name.

"I don't know why I don't remember anything and where I am. Who put us here?"

"We don't know who put us here. We don't remember anything either ok? We call this place the Glade and it's where we eat, sleep, work and survive. You see those walls? "Sam pointed to the biggest stone walli I had begun feeling afraid of. I guess that's cause I am just kind of blinded with anger and confusion. "Beyond those walls is the Maze. You don't go out there ok? No matter how hard you punched Newt or how much it hurt you can't go out there."

"Why?"

"I'm not supposed to say..." I cut him off.

"Why?! Why am I not allowed to know?!"

"We don't know! Only the keepers know! Ask Gally not us." Dave looked around. "Where'd he go anyway?" I hadn't noticed but Gally had gone off to talk to some others.

"Gally." Sam yelled. "What's happening?"

"The supplies that came up with her. Cameras came up too."

"What?" Dave seemed excited. "Can I have one?"

"Nah. They are only for the keepers and the runners." The three boys groaned.

"What supplies usually come up?"

"Food, water, sometimes we put in requests and that stuff comes up. But the thing is. Usually on a day like today only supplies come up. But a greenie came up as well. And not just that but a girl. I don't think they want to tell you much cause you might hurt us. Like more than one of us." Sam informed me.

The boys grabbed my arms and pulled me along to the box where Alby and Newt were unloading the supplies.

"Where are the cameras? I thought Thomas told me there were cameras." Dave is way too excited about this.

"Slim it, shuckface. They're in the kitchen with Frypan. Plus you're not getting them." What the hell does shuck mean? I know Alby doesn't like me that much but he can speak English.

"Come on Alby that's not fair." Stuart can get kind of whiny. Dave seems to be a good guy but he wants to do something. He wants to break a rule I can tell. Stuart is really awkward but funny. He and I talked a bit on the way over and he says some funny things accidentally. Sam tries to act tough but he doesn't do very well. But he's very helpful in telling me stuff. I need to observe as much as I can because I don't remember anything else and I'm not forgetting what I learn today.

"While you're here, you can help unload."

"What if I don't want to help?" I said a little saucier than I had expected.

"Listen here, shank." Alby hesitated before realising he had no valid response. Little fool. "I don't want you messing with our supplies anyway. Newt will take you to where you're gonna sleep." Newt came over and put his hand on Alby's shoulder.

"Am I?" He said.

"Yes you are." Alby said through his teeth. Alby stomped away.

"I don't think he likes you that much." Newt told me I was gonna sleep next to him and Thomas.

"You'll like Thomas. I like Thomas. He's smart. And he's a runner. He won't hurt you or...you know."

"Yeah I get it. Hey Newt, is this prison?" It's something I have been thinking about. The entire thing is a vast field holding a bunch of teenagers from the outside world. I am kind of scared and I think Newt is the best one to talk to it about, not that I can really trust anyone.

"You want the truth?" I think about it for a second then nod. "We don't know. You're a girl and that's the only thing that's been different for three years. But the runners try and find a way out through the maze. You don't need to know about that."

"But I want to know about it." I cut him off.

"Yeah but you can't. It's just a thing."

"Please." I really just wanted to know so bad. Being thrown into a world of boys and memory loss wasn't fun. I was kind of sick and tired of being told what to do. I mean I didn't do it most of the time but just being told was exhausting.

Then he told me everything.