Wicked is Good

We all rushed out and went to her room. She was sitting straight up in bed. Thomas and I staying at the back as much as we can. I was hugging him close. He had made it through the night in the maze and I just told him never to scare me like that again.

She ran out of the room and grabbed the biggest knife you ever saw. Maybe even a sword. We shuffled out behind her and saw she was headed for the tree grove. She stood behind one and tried to hide.  Gally and a few others tried to go near her but she threw rocks at the.

"Go away." She screamed at us. "I don't know where I am."

"Look, if you don't," Gally began before she threw a rock straight at his head.

"I don't think she likes us very much." Newt said.

"Are all girls like this?" Somebody asked. She continued to throw rocks at us. Harder and harder each time.

"Hey hey it's Thomas, Thomas." She stopped throwing rocks. "I'm gonna come over ok?" Gally went to join him. "Alone."

He went over and I don't really know what happened. "Max can you come over here?" Thomas called to me. I obediently went over and saw the girl sitting in the ground and Thomas next to her.

"I'm Max." I told her.

"I know. They told me I kept saying his name in my sleep." She looked down.

"Was it really you? In our heads I mean." She nodded.

"I don't really know how I do it but I just can. You try." I focused myself. Pictured the. Words in my head and sent them to her.

"Nothing?"

"Nothing."

"What do you remember?" Thomas asked a sort of toughness about him now.

"I remember you a lot. And a laboratory. I remember you and me working a lot. And I remember watching kids in a place just like this. I think I was watching you." Thomas looked like he had been slapped. It was quiet. Nobody was talking.

"Are you mind speaking?" I asked. Thomas nodded.

"I'll teach you how to do it later. What's on your arm?" Teresa looked down and the mark.

"It says wicked is good. I wrote it down so I would remember when I woke up. I tried to say everything before it slipped away."

I kept looking at Thomas for reassurance but he had his eyes fixed on the girl. Max? I knew it was Thomas. Max I know her. I know her really well.

"I have to go. I need to get fertiliser and stuff." I told them. "You can teach me to do the thing at dinner. I'm really happy you're alive." I walked off. Maxi it's ok. I'm only here to trigger the end of this. Teresa spoke again. I covered my ears

"Shut up shut up shut up." I don't like it when she did it. I had heard her voice now and it just made it more real. "Shut up shut up shut up."

"Max?" Newt grabbed me by the collar. "Max? Are you ok?"

"I though you weren't talking to me." I said holding back tears.

"Yeah well I wasn't. But I understand now I think." I nodded and smiled.

"Oh yeah. You forgave me this morning. I forgot. The whole girl thing and then Thomas and everything. I'm really sorry I promise. I won't talk to Thomas if I have to." I said.

"No no. You need him. He knows how to make you listen." He laughed.

"Can I have a hug?" I asked.

"You need constant cuddling you know. I am so happy you do not remember what happened the other morning." He said pulling me into the hug.

"Sorry? What happened the other day?" I asked trying to get out of the hug now.

"Sh sh. Come here." He said shoving my face into his chest. I didn't fight it this time. I has a nice chest and stomach. Abs. I don't know how I know he has abs but I do.

A few Gladers walked past and laughed and pointed. "Get a room." They told us. I just smiled.

"Wait a second." I got out of the hug and ran after the boys. I got one and hugged him tight. It wasn't the same though.